June 10th, 2022
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.”
Sadly, this is our last newsletter of the school year! Have a wonderful summer! It has been an absolute pleasure teaching these awesome kids this year.
- June 13th, Field Day 9:00
- June 14th, Talent Show 1:00
- June 15th, Last Day, Mass at 9:30
- June 15th, Deadline for Fall Sports Registration
- June 15th, dismiss at 11:00 at school
- Field Day: The children can have free dress that day but must wear their team colors. They know what color they are. Make sure they are dressed for outside active fun with tennis shoes!
- Last Day: The children must wear their uniforms for Mass that morning. We will have Mass and then dismiss at the school at 11:00. I will hand out their report cards at the school after Mass and say their final goodbyes. Please plan on picking them up from the school that day.
- Fund Run Information: Please return the forms ASAP! Thank you!
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: The 3rd graders prepared for 4th grade with some fraction lessons while the 4th graders prepared for 5th grade with double and triple digit multiplication. Later in the week the students began a STEM activity of designing their own dream playgrounds. They had some pretty creative ideas!
- Religion: The children created “graffiti” walls on butcher paper of the 7 Sacraments in groups and presented them to the class.
- Writing: We reviewed for and took our final grammar quiz on sentence diagramming this week. The children did a wonderful job on this!
- Science: We dissected owl pellets this week!! The children found all sorts of skeletons and tried to reconstruct the creatures. We also learned about fingerprinting and took our fingerprints. The children also enjoyed playing with the Darkling Beetles this week. We had a nice release celebration in our garden on Thursday. It was really hard to say goodbye to our class pets.
- Social Studies: We wrapped up our Spokane Unit this week with a reflection on our learning. I graded those and they will go home with their report cards.