April 22, 2022
“My God, I want to do what you want. Your teachings are in my heart.”
- April 28, Easter Mass, 9:30 at church (This is a change from before!)
- April 30, Auction
- May 5th, Living Rosary, 9:30
- May 6th, Teacher Inservice, No School
- May 12th, Marian Mass, 9:30
- May 27th, 3rd & 4th Grades Class Retreat (12:30-2:30)
- May 30th, Memorial Day, No School
- The homework packet went home today and is due next Friday, April 29th.
- The Spelling test is next Friday, April 29th.
- Please check the Monday News from the school about auction and volunteer information!
- Auction: It is only a week away on April 30th! Today is the last day to purchase tickets but you can also join the auction virtually. Thank you for your support.
- Cast of Characters: There is a fantastic two-week drama camp at Gonzaga Prep this August 1-12. It runs from 9-3 each day and is for kids going into grades 4-8. It is also run by Mr. Barfield! You can register online at gonzaga.revtrak.net.
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: In 3rd grade, we continued to find area and perimeter of 2-D shapes. In 4th grade we continued to find missing dimensions of perimeters using algebraic formulas to solve. We also reviewed elapsed time, fractions & decimals, and data terms including mode, median, minimum, maximum, and range.
- Religion: During Religion, we wrapped up our study of Holy Week with a great discussion about Easter Vigil and Easter. We also began our new unit on the Seven Sacraments. We learned about the first Sacrament of Initiation, Baptism.
- Writing: We finished our informational writing books! We also shared them in small groups. During grammar, we wrapped up our learning of adjectives by reviewing for and taking a short quiz.
- Science: We studied the life cycle of the bean plant. We also did a fun cutting/gluing/labeling activity and put the life cycle pieces together in our Science journals. The children took a quiz on Investigation 1.
- Social Studies: We had an amazing discussion and learning about Chief Spokan Garry and the missionaries.
- Reading: We finished our novel studies! We also had a fun DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) party!