March 18, 2022
“Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.”
- March 21st, Report Cards sent home
- March 24, 3rd/4th Mass at church, 9:30
- March 25, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 31, Lenten Reconciliation Service, 9:30
- March 31, Silverwood Reading Logs Due
- April 4-8, Spring Break, No School
- The packet went home today. It is due next Thursday, March 24th.
- The spelling test will be on Thursday, March 24th.
- Silverwood Reading Logs are due by March 31st. Please continue to read and remember to turn in the log if you are participating.
- In Gratitude: Thank you so much for answering the call of my donation requests each week! I am much appreciative and so are the children. I have sent another request for next week. Thank you!!!
- Conferences: Conferences are on March 25th. Our Spring conferences are optional. I have sent emails to a few families requesting a conference. If you have not received an email from me and would like a conference that day, please email me and we will set a time. For the spring conferences, we do not use Skyward to make the appointment times.
If you have not turned in registration, please make sure you have communicated with Angie or Dawn. Beginning March 21st we officially open the waitlist. If you have not scheduled your fair share meeting, please contact Angie, or Dawn to set one up.
- Auction Project Update: Tess Wyborney sent out an email detailing a list of books needed to fill our bookshelf. She attached a Google Sheet of the books so you can see what has already been donated. Jana and Tess would like the books to be donated by April 1st. Thank you for your donations!
- Auction: We can’t wait to finally celebrate with our St. Al’s community again in our beautiful Garco Gymnasium on Saturday, April 30th! Watch for more details from Advancement on how you can donate.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE! And, we have a NEW INCENTIVE for you! You can still donate auction items and cash! You can still be an auction sponsor! Families who turn in their auction donations on or before April 1, at 2:30 PM, will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win 2 tickets to the auction!
And, BRAND NEW THIS YEAR…drum roll, please…You can fill out a procurement form for your item donation ONLINE!!! Cash donations and sponsorships can also be submitted online. Supporting our annual auction has never been easier! Follow the link below and give today to put your name in the drawing for 2 auction tickets!
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: My two groups have literally swapped topics of study for our new unit! Third grade is now studying geometry and fourth grade is now studying multiplication and division (specifically long division and multi-digit multiplication).
- Religion: We continued our study of Lent. We also pulled out our Bibles again and read a Psalm in response to one of our class devotionals.
- Writing: We continued writing our informational essays, as well as we continued learning about adjectives.
- Science: We continued learning about the structure of a seed this week. We realized that the pits of avocados are actually seeds and that they are fruit. Oh how our schema has changed!
- Social Studies: We continued learning about the Spokane Salmon-Trout people who inhabited our land over a hundred years ago. We have now met Chief Illim Spokanee and his son, Chief Spokan Garry. We have also learned about and explored their way of life. We enjoyed eating raspberries and carrots for snack on Tuesday which were some of the food items they would have also eaten.
- Reading: We wrapped up our lesson on how our schema changes as we read. We also did a fun lesson on how our questions about a book help us to understand. We read the mystery of “The Mary Celeste” and had tons of questions, many remaining unanswered!
- Technology: We used the Chromebooks for our research writing.