February 25, 2022
“Make many acts of love, for they set the soul on fire and make it gentle.”
-St. Teresa of Avila
- March 1, Generation Alive Meal Packing
- March 2, Ash Wednesday, Prayer Service at school at 9:30
- March 11, End of 2nd Trimester
- March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, Green Free Dress, All School Mass at 9:30 at church
- March 18, No School, Diocesan In-Service
- March 24, 3rd/4th Mass at church, 9:30
- March 25, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 31, Lenten Reconciliation Service, 9:30
- April 4-8, Spring Break, No School
- The packet went home today. It is due next Friday, March 4th.
- The spelling test will be on Friday, March 4th.
Grant: I am really excited because I was awarded a $500 Nazareth Guild grant as well as was given a $100 from a donor to spend on children’s Bibles for our classroom! I have already purchased 3 of the Bibles and am excited to get more. My goal is to have a class set of Bibles for my students to access during religion. I am so grateful!
- Your account must be paid in full to register for next school year
- Families that are currently attending can register beginning February 28th through March 11th. After March 11th, the waitlist will be opened for families that have completed the tour process. Please be aware we have several K-8 classes that have a waiting list. It is important to be mindful of registration dates and deadlines.
- If you are a practicing Catholic and need to Fair Share please contact Angie Krauss or Dawn Manfred to set up an appointment. If you are a family that did this process last year, please expect an email from: Angie, Dawn, or Dena to set up your conference.
- If you are an incoming Kindergarten family we have a registration meeting just for you on March 10th at 4:45pm. More information to come!
- Every family will need to register on FACTS this year for tuition payments. If you already have a FACTS account you will continue to use this same account. If you have not created an account you will need to do so before your registration packet will be considered complete. In your registration packet we will include steps to set up a FACTS account. There is an annual fee of $45.00 per family in order to process your tuition payment. If you have concerns about using FACTS please contact Angie Krauss the principal at [email protected] or via phone at 509-489-7825.
- Annual Auction: WE’RE BACK!!! Mark your calendars for our IN-PERSON EVENT on Saturday, April 30!!! We can’t wait to finally celebrate with our St. Al’s community again in our beautiful Garco Gymnasium! Watch for more details coming very soon!
- Auction Procurement: Families who turn in their auction donations on or before March 4, 2022, will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $200 tuition credit! The drawing will take place on March 7, 2022. Donation must be either a $50 cash donation or an item worth $100 retail value. Items must be submitted to the Advancement Office and must include a completed procurement form with family name, item details, and values listed.Thank you! If you want to support our auction with an online cash donation, sponsorship, our event advertisement, please click the button below.
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: In 4th grade, we learned about parallel lines, intersecting lines, perpendicular lines, and symmetry. We also continued to measure angles. The 4th graders took a checkpoint quiz on measuring angles on Wednesday. The 3rd graders reflected in their math journals on key vocabulary that helps them to know what operation to use when solving story problems. They continued to solve division story problems and took a multiplication/division checkpoint (quiz). Both grades took a timed test on Wednesday.
- Religion: We have had the most AMAZING thinking, learning, debates, and discussion while comparing the Apostles’ Creed to the Nicene Creed! As we annotated our thinking about the Nicene Creed, we applied some of our reading CAFÉ skills (comprehension and expanding vocabulary). It was awesome that the kids recognized this use of CAFÉ skills too!
- Writing: We began to write our own opinion essays which will be graded for report cards. In grammar, we have been working on making our nouns and verbs meet.
- Science: We finished our Engineering Design challenge which the kids absolutely loved! Ask your child what we did during this process. We also did an experiment mixing solids and liquids.
- Reading: For comprehension, we wrapped up our study of non-fiction features. Our final product if our non-fiction feature “All About Me” books will go home during conferences. We also continued our novel studies.