December 17, 2021
“Each of us in an Innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus”
- December 18th through January 2nd Christmas Break
- January 3rd School Resumes
- January 13th Epiphany All School Mass
- January 17th No School, Martin Luther King Junior Day
- Christmas Party: Thank you for all of your donations! We had a fun time! Pictures of our gingerbread houses are on my website in the 2021-2022 folder called “Christmas.”
- Christmas Program: We hope you all enjoyed the program on Wednesday night! The children worked so hard preparing for this joyous event. I posted all of the pictures on my website in the 2021-2022 folder called “Christmas.”
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: We reviewed for and took the unit 3 test. We also did some fun Christmas math. I shared the math test results with the children on Thursday by going over each test with them individually. I’m keeping their tests until our next report card and then I will send them home. Please let me know if you have any questions. We will begin new units after break.
- Religion: On Monday, we “lit” our third purple candle of joy as well as we read and prayed about the third week of Advent. We continued to read the powerful stories from the Jesse Tree and discovered more of God’s Rescue Plan and Jesus’ lineage. This week we read about King Solomon, Elijah, Zechariah, The Blessed Virgin Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, and Jesus. We also spent Friday morning at St. Al’s enjoying a beautiful Advent Reconciliation service.
- Writing: We finished writing our essays on the true meaning of Christmas. This class writing has been an awesome reflection of our Advent learning during Religion.
- Science: We had a fun time doing a candy cane science experiment!