November 24, 2021
“The thankful heart opens eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.”
-James E. Faust
- November 25th, No School, Thanksgiving
- November 26th, No School, Thanksgiving Break
- December 2nd, Mass (Grades 3 & 4 only), 9:30
- December 3rd, End of First Trimester & Picture Retakes
- December 6th, Ugly Christmas sweaters can be worn with uniform bottoms
- December 8th, Immaculate Conception Mass 12:15
- December 13th, Christmas socks may be worn with uniform
- December 13th, Report Cards and Assessments sent home
- December 13th-14th, Christmas program rehearsal at the church during school hours, time TBD
- December 15th, Christmas Program
- December 17th, Reconciliation at church, Red & Green free dress, Christmas Party
- December 18th through January 2nd, Christmas Break
- January 3rd, School Resumes
- Homework packets went home yesterday. Your child has an extra long time to complete them. They are due Friday, December 3rd.
- Spelling Test: Friday, December 3rd
- Gonzaga Prep & St. Aloysius Parish Food Drive: Thank you for your donations!
- Gonzaga Haven Needs: Gonzaga Haven needs new and gently used toddler beds and crib mattresses in the next couple of weeks for families moving in. If you are able to donate, please contact Peg Haun-McEwen at [email protected] they will need to be dropped at Legacy Hall (right next to Maple Wood Gardens).
- PE Shoes: Now that the winter weather is coming, please make sure the kids have their tennis shoes with them to change into if they are wearing boots to school for PE. Our PE days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Christmas Concert Class Colors: The students are being asked to wear their Sunday best and if they can wear it in their grade colors, that would be great. Thank you!
Highlights from our Week:
- We loved having Art and Music in the new building this week!
- Math: The 3rd graders worked on addition and subtraction strategies for 3-digit numbers, as well as rounding. The 4th graders really worked on understanding how to compare fractions with unlike denominators. They also learned how to find equivalent fractions.
- Religion: We continued learning about Saints this week. We also prayed a devotional and intentions.
- Reading: We continued with our guided reading groups. We also had a comprehension lesson on asking questions when we read.
- Writing: The children enjoyed free writing this week.
- Science: We studied for and took our quiz on water and climate. While going over our prediction/reactions sheets, we had a great class debate on their answers. The children came up with awesome evidence to defend their thinking.