November 5, 2021
“A love of learning has a lot to do with learning that we’re loved.”
- November 1st-8th, Operation Christmas Child collection
- Friday, November 5th, Fall Sports Free Dress
- Monday, November 8th, Conference sign-ups close
- November 10th, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 11th, No School, Veteran’s Day
- November 12th, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 25th, No School, Thanksgiving
- November 26th, No School, Thanksgiving Break
- December 3rd, End of First Trimester & Picture Retakes
- Packet went home and is due Monday, November 15th.
- I will look at all homework for effort and will correct it. Homework effort will be reflected on their report cards.
- Spelling: No test because of our shortened week.
- Math Log: Your child needs to practice their math facts for at least 10 minutes four days each week. You choose the days. On my website, I have posted practice sheets for math facts. Please use them if you want to.
3rd Grade: Practice addition and subtraction. If these facts are mastered through 20, then your child may move onto multiplication.
4th Grade: Practice multiplication and division through 12s.
- Reading Log: Your child needs to read for at least 20 minutes for 4 days this week. More would be awesome and encouraged!
- Math Pre-Assessment: This is review for both 3rd and 4th grades for their unit 2 test on Monday, November 8th. Please take the time to work through the problems as a way to study for this test.
- Halloween Party: Thank you so much for your donations. We had a fun celebration!
- Conferences: Information on conference was emailed out from the office on Monday, November 1st. Please sign up for a conference by Monday, November 8th. Skyward will close signups on that day. I hope to meet with everyone!
- Operation Christmas Child: The letter and list of items went home with the children. All items are due by next Monday, November 8th. Thank you for your donations for this great organization!
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: It was pretty awesome on Monday during math class! Both the 3rd & 4th graders participated in a division lesson using tiles and the book, “A Remainder of One.” The 3rd graders are learning the foundations of both multiplication and division while the 4th graders are learning division with remainders. The 3rd graders are also touching base on graphing and learning why it’s important in the real world. In 3rd grade calendar, the students are now working on area. In the 4th grade calendar, the students are working on elapsed time.
- Religion: We did a wonderful job leading All Saints Mass on Monday. We received many complements on the amazing Saints that we were! I added all of the pictures to my page on the school’s website. We also taught Mrs. Mills’ ½ MAC class about the parts of Mass. Our ¾ leaders even taught them how to genuflect and had them practice! Look for pictures on my website page under “Religion” photos.
- Reading: I began assessing some students on running records. Dvorak began assessing some students in Words Their Way.
- Writing: During grammar, we continued our study of nouns. We will wrap up that unit next week with a little quiz on what we have been learning. We also continued to write.
- Science: We learned about evaporation during Science by doing a fun experiment.
- Technology: We used a whiteboard app that is on our Chromebooks to do some practice of plural nouns. We also played some Prodigy.