November 12, 2021
“Let us run the race that is before us and never give up.”
- November 25th, No School, Thanksgiving
- November 26th, No School, Thanksgiving Break
- December 3rd, End of First Trimester & Picture Retakes
- Packet went home last Friday and is due Monday, November 15th.
- We are taking a homework and spelling test break until after Thanksgiving.
- Conferences: I’m so glad that everyone was able to have a conference with me. You have awesome children and I am blessed to teach them!
- Operation Christmas Child: Thank you so very much for all of the donated items!! It’s amazing! If you did not get a chance to donate, the deadline date was extended to Monday, November 15th.
- Gonzaga Prep & St. Aloysius Parish Food Drive: If you would like to donate non-perishable food items to the Gprep food drive, I would be happy to collect them for you. The food collected actually goes to families in our community when the students of Prep go out and stock their shelves. It also goes towards other organizations and food banks. You can donate until Monday, November 22nd. Thank you so much!
- Scholastic Book Order: My apologies go out to those who ordered on the last order. I’m still waiting for orders from Scholastic to arrive. I have received an email from them saying the orders are coming soon. Thank you for your patience.
- Christmas Concert Class Colors: The students are being asked to wear their Sunday best and if they can wear it in their grade colors, that would be great. Thank you!
Highlights from our Week:
- Math: Both grades took their Unit 2 math tests and began unit 3. Third grade is now learning about rounding numbers and place value. Fourth grade is learning about fractions.
- Religion: We continued learning about Saints this week. The children are really enjoying this mini-unit during Religion!
- Reading: We completed our unit on monitoring comprehension. Your children are absolutely amazing and could tell me several strategies they have learned to monitor their comprehension (check for understanding) when reading. We also continued with our guided reading groups.
- Writing: During grammar, the kids took a noun quiz and did very well! We have now wrapped up our study of nouns and are moving onto verbs.
- Science: We learned all about surface area during our Science experiment this week. We were able to use our schema of area that we learned during math to help us understand this concept. We then did a fun experiment focusing on the question, “How does surface area affect evaporation?”