• Wednesday, October 20th, Picture Day
• Thursday, October 21st, 9:30, 3rd/4th Grades Class Mass, Join us if you can!
• Friday, October 29th, Hallowfest, Orange & Black free dress, Halloween party in afternoon
• Monday, November 1st, All Saints/All Souls Mass, 12:15
• November 10th, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
• November 11th, No School, Veteran’s Day
• November 12th, No School, Parent-Teacher Conferences
• Packet went home and is due next Friday, October 22nd.
• I will look at all homework for effort and will correct it. Homework effort will be reflected on their report cards.
• Spelling: Test will be Friday, October 22nd.
• Math Log: Your child needs to practice their math facts for at least 10
minutes four days each week. You choose the days. Practice addition and subtraction. If these facts are mastered through 20, then your child may move onto multiplication.
• Reading Log: Your child needs to read for at least 20 minutes for 4 days this week. More would be awesome and encouraged!
• Math Sheet: Both sides
• Virtus: We began our Virtus Personal Safety lessons last week. The
Diocese requires each class to complete a Personal Safety training during the Fall. We will continue with these lessons throughout October. Please let me know if you have any questions.
• All Saints/All Souls Mass: November 1st at 12:15 at the church. Please join us if you can. It will be a fuller Mass than usual because it is open to the whole parish.
• Google Classroom: Google Classroom is our online platform in grades 3-8 in case we go virtual. I have been teaching the students how to use Google Classroom. This is a change for the 3rd graders who used See-Saw last year. We have been practicing how to log in and how to access assignments on Google Classroom. We have also been practicing how to do an assignment and how to turn it in virtually. If we do go virtual, I will send more detailed information to families on how to access Google Classroom at home.
• Math Assessments: I have graded the math assessments. I sent home these assessments this week, but please have your child return them to me as we will review them during conferences.
Highlights from our Week:
• Math: We began our new math units this week. We began working on multiplication. We explored arrays which is the area model of multiplication. We practiced using the communicative property of multiplication with this model. We also began taking timed tests on addition and subtraction facts. They will do these tests once a week.
• Religion: We also continued with our Personal Safety (Virtus) learning and
the parts of the Mass. We also attended Mass on Thursday
• Reading: We met in our guided reading groups. We continued to learn
strategies for monitoring our comprehension and how to access our
schema to make meaning.
• Writing: During grammar, we continued our study of nouns. During
writing workshop, we continued to write our personal narratives.
• Science: We learned about temperature, thermometers, degrees, etc. We
did a fun experiment in which we measured the temp of water.