April 20th, 2020
Focus Points for this week:
• Log into Google Classroom and submit the assignments for this week. This week there are assignments in math, reading, and science.
• PE Activities- Yoga for Kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X655B4ISakg
St. Al’s Auction (April 25th):
• We are moving Full STEAM Ahead with our annual auction in an online format on Saturday, April 25, 2020! Registration is FREE! For all event details and to register as a bidder, scan the QR code on your invite or follow the link below and click the “Register Now” button. On the next page, click the “Start Bidding” button at the top of the page to create your bidder account. https://www.stalsschool.org/advancement/make-a-donation/
• This year’s event will include Live Auction Items, a Paddle Raise and more! In order to offset the effects of the COVID-19 school closure, all funds raised will directly support our school operating budget. Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity! READY…SET…Join us on April 25, and BID HIGH to support the school you love!
• BREAKING AUCTION NEWS!: Our paddle raise will open for contributions this Monday, April 20, and remain open through the event on April 25! If you are not comfortable giving online, you can always mail your gift to the school at 611 E Mission Ave, Spokane, WA 99202. Thank you!
Thank you to all who signed in and joined the 4th Grade Google Classroom. Please let me know if you are having any trouble with Google Classroom. Google Classroom will be an important platform for us to use as we continue with our on-line learning. I have put the sign in instructions and class code from last week below, if needed.
*Google Classroom can also be used offline. This can be helpful for anyone who lives in areas where bandwidth is limited; assignments can be completed without a connection, the uploaded next time a device can access the internet.
*Download Google Classroom app for your phone and/or Ipad: On this app, you can easily view assignments and turn in work. It also shows what your child has already turned in.
*When your child has finished an assignment on Google Classroom, make sure you push the “turn in” button otherwise I can’t see what has turned in and I am keeping track of who is turning in assignments.
• To sign in: Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Please have students use their school provided Gmail accounts.
Student Email Username: [email protected]
Student Email Password (please do not change this right now): 12345678
• At the top, click Add. Join class.
Enter the Google Classroom Class Code: rjfkg2h
• Two Launching Videos: I have a friend who made two videos which are posted on my website to help you access Google Classroom and learn how to submit assignments.
Class Zoom Meeting:
• I will send a new Zoom invitation for this week (Thursday at 10:00). Join us if you can! I love this way to connect as a classroom community!
• Thursday’s Agenda (Spiritual/Community Building):
o Prayer and intentions
o Share something that brings you joy.
o Read a Chapter in our class book.
Stay in Touch:
*Last week the class had a wonderful idea to stay in touch with each other while we are not in school, especially on classmates’ birthdays or just to say hi. What a great idea! Since then Bri sent out a google doc where you can add your child’s information if you’d like. I’ve also added the link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YAbGqkTpPGKRJwhcTW-II9i_Z5UzxjhPuArmosFXWeg/edit?usp=sharing
Please continue to log your reading for Silverwood! When your child finishes the log, please take a picture of it and email it to me. Silverwood has extended the due date to April 30th. I will then issue your child a ticket through email. I can’t accept any late logs.