LETTER OF THE WEEK: Uu
“U” is for Umbrella Craft
- Paper plate
- 2 Pipe cleaners in different colors
- Acrylic paint (or watercolors) in various colors
- Paint brushes
- Craft gems. Jewels, or stickers
- Begin by cutting your plate in half. If your child is learning how to cut, you can draw a straight line across the back of the plate for him/her to cut along.
- Have your child choose some colors to paint his/her umbrella with (if you have a child who doesn’t like getting their fingers painted, they can use bottle tops or wine corks for stamping their dots on with)
- For some added pizazz, glue some sparkly craft gems or jewels or put stickers all over the umbrella.
- To finish, simply twist two pipe cleaners together to form the umbrella handle, and tape it to the back of your paper plate.
“UNDER THE SEA” CRAFTS:
RELIGION CRAFT: Praying Hands
- white construction paper or card stock
- Printed cover template (Pattern)
- Printed inside template (Pattern)
- Colored pencils or crayons
- On one sheet of construction paper, print one side of the paper with the verse and risen Jesus, and the back side of the paper with the cover copy. Or you can use the blank hands template and draw your own picture and verse.
- Before cutting around the hands, color using colored pencils or crayons.
- Cut around the hands. Carefully fold the card by matching up the thumb, fingers and palms of one side to the other. The bottom of the card is cut so the card can stand.