Happy Monday second grade families! I hope everyone had a great three day weekend! We have some exciting events coming up in the next few weeks so please check the Red Folder and read the newsletter to stay up to date on everything happening. In the Red Folders, I sent home permission slips for our field trip next Wednesday (3/18). Permission slips are due back by Monday, March 16th! We will be missing our regular lunch time here at school so please send your child with a sack lunch. We will be enjoying lunch outside with 1st grade and 4th grade. We will be leaving school around 9:30 and returning about 11:45.
This week, we will be doing our first round of voting for our “March Madness” Tournament of Books! This has really engaged the class in reading and they are eager to find out which book will be crowned 2020 book of the year. Check the bulletin board outside our classroom for updates throughout March.
Last week, we wrapped up our solids, liquids, and gases unit with a root beer float experiment! This was a great way to see all the students learned during this unit and it was so fun to see their faces light up when they realized they could actually eat the experiment! This week, we will officially be starting our next GLAD unit on Heroes. We will be learning about different individuals who have shaped history.
A few reminders for this week:
- We will have a fire drill on Tuesday (3/10) at 11:40 AM. Please no pick-ups or drop-offs during this time.
- Our Lenten Season Mass will be on Thursday (3/12) at 10:15 AM. You are more than welcome to walk over to the church with us or join us at mass!
- Registration Packets are due Friday (3/13)!
- Trimester 2 report cards will be sent home in the Red Folders on Monday, March 16th.
- Optional Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Friday, March 20th. There will be no school on this day.
- Scholastic book orders went home today! Book orders are due by Friday, March 20th. Our class code to order books online is V77V9.
- Our school is participating in the Read 2 Ride program! Please return the reading logs to school by Thursday, March 19th for your child to earn their free Silverwood ticket!
- Newsletter 2019