Happy Monday and happy March second grade families! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a fun leap day! Thank you to everyone who came to support the school play, “Peter Pan”. Exposure to the arts is so important for developing the whole-child. We will be going as a class to see the play, “The Little Mermaid”, at the Spokane Children’s Theatre for our second field trip. Permission slips will be sent home next week in the Red Folders. The field trip will be on Wednesday, March 18th. 1st grade and 4th grade will be attending the play with us!
Our Generation Alive packing day is on Thursday! Thank you to all our students who brought in money to help our Spokane community. I am looking forward to sharing this social justice experience with the class. I have also sent home the rice bowls for Lent in the Red folders. The money raised through the rice bowl helps fight hunger around the world. At Monday Morning Prayer, the MAC class taught us about Random Acts of Kindness and challenged students to put $1 in their rice bowl each time they complete a Random Act of Kindness. Thank you MAC class!
Due to teacher in-service, there will be no school on Friday. Please return the Red Folders to school on Thursday.
A few reminders for this week:
- The Flying Goat has decided to partner with us for Generation Alive on Wednesday night (3/4)!
- The Generation Alive packing day will be on Thursday (3/5).
- We will have a fire drill on Tuesday, March 10th at 11:40 AM. Please no pick-ups or drop-offs during this time.
- Our Lenten Season Mass will be on Thursday, March 12th, at 10:15 AM.
- Optional Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Friday, March 20th. These conferences are set up by the classroom teacher, and not the front office. I will contact you if I feel we need to meet to discuss ways to ensure your student will be ready for 3rd grade. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me!
- Newsletter 2019
I hope you all have a blessed week!