February 10, 2020
Important Class & School Information:
*Tomorrow afternoon we will be walking over to the church to have Father Lamanna give us a tour. Please have your child dress appropriately for the walk.
*Thank you to Ann Smith and Sarah Schwering for planning our Valentine’s party this Wednesday! Thank you to all of you who are donating items and time.
*Please check out this link for information on free GU math support. This is a great tutoring support for students. They will be starting soon, and you need to register prior to attending, please see the link below:
*The 2020-2021 registration process is beginning soon. Registration will be open between March 4th through the 13th. Please look for more information on how to register and how to access Fair Share in the Monday News. Please be mindful that your account must be current to register.
* Our annual auction will take place on Friday, April 17.
Important Auction Info:
- Family auction item procurement deadline to be entered in our $200 tuition credit drawing is February 20
- Final auction item procurement deadline is March 19
- All families are encouraged to donate items worth $100 retail value
- Auction sponsor opportunities will be available again this year—SOON
- All auction procurement documents will be posted on the website
- Contact Cami Carlson or Aleisha Webb if you have questions
- firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
*No Homework (We will have our Unit 3 math test tomorrow. Hopefully your child completed the pre-assessment study guide.)
Math: We began our new Number Corner calendar grid in which we looked at area and perimeter. We also began our new Number Corner collection in which we collected tenths of a dollar. We learned that one dime is a tenth of a dollar. During our main math lessons, we practiced a variety of strategies for adding and subtracting larger numbers. We also reviewed for our upcoming math test.
Religion: During Monday Morning Prayer, we experienced the blessing of the throats. Father Lamanna spoke to us about Saint Blaise and how we can pray to him to help heal the sick. Our whole school received the blessing of Saint Blaise. Our class also led the 4th graders in our Chapel Mass on Thursday. We continued practicing the first part of the Apostles’ Creed as well.
Science: We continued learning about our mealworms. This week we learned about their life cycle. During Technology Lab, we researched mealworms on the website mealwormcare.org. Later we will turn this research into informational essays.
Language Arts: During writing, we wrote opinion essays on “Why Catholic Schools Week is a good idea.” We also learned about irregular verbs and read in guided reading groups.
- February 11th, tour of our church
- February 12th, Valentine’s Party (more info. to come)
- February 12th, International Potluck Dinner, 6:00 p.m., cafeteria
- February 13th, No School, Teacher In-service (ELC Open)
- February 14th, No School, Teacher In-service (ELC Closed)
- February 17th, No School, President’s Day
- February 26th, Ash Wednesday Mass, 12:15 at Church