Happy Monday and happy February 2nd grade families! I am so thankful for the beginning of a new month and a chance to start fresh. Thank you God for the beautiful sky on my way to work this morning! Last week was a very exciting week with lots of fun events and free dress days. Thank you for all you do to support Catholic education and St. Al’s! This week, our school will be having an open house on Thursday (2/6) and Friday (2/7). Please spread the word about St. Al’s if you know any families interested in Catholic education. There is also a form going home in the Red Folder with enrollment information.
This week, we will be continuing our measuring unit in math. We have been using the story, Jack and the Beanstalk, to think about height and comparing units of measurement. We have measured in inches, feet, and yards. Here are a few questions you could ask your child:
How many inches are in one foot?
How many feet are in one yard?
We will take our unit 4 post-assessment on Friday! We are continuing to learn about solids, liquids, and gases. We have discussed what the molecules look like in each state of matter and we learned about different ways you can sort solids (hard, flexible, metal, wood, etc.). They will be sharing what they have learned with you when they do their GLAD homework this week.
A few reminders for this week:
- Saint projects are due on FRIDAY! Please bring in the written portion and the visual portion on Friday morning.
- We are currently collecting donations for Generation Alive! Just 25 cents equals one meal. Students may collect coins in their boxes that were sent home last week.
- There will be no school on Thursday, February 13th, or Friday, February 14th, due to teacher in-service.
- There will be no school on Monday, February 17th, for President’s Day.
- Scholastic Book Orders went home today. Please use our class code V77V9 to order books online. Book orders are due by Wednesday, February 12th.
- We will be having a fire drill on Tuesday, February 11th, at 2:35 PM. Please no pick-ups during this time. Thank you!
- I sent home a class list in the Red Folder if your child would like to pass out Valentines during our class party! Our class Valentine’s party will be Wednesday, February 12th.
- Newsletter 2019
I hope you all have a blessed week!