This is a very long email! There is lots of information about the festivities next week with a schedule at the bottom.
I have lots to be thankful for this week and I would like to share that appreciation with you! We have had such an outpouring of generosity in the form of coffee mugs and donated time! We have collected 8 coffee mugs so far this week and our mug drive doesn’t officially start until Monday! This is an excellent foundation!! If you are considering donating coffee mugs to House of Charity via the 6th grade class, please bring them in by Friday, January 31st. The winning class gets a hot cocoa party. I would also like to sincerely thank you for donating time and car space to make sure the 6th grade has transportation for their retreat on February 28th. Your incredible flexibility is such an important piece of planning this retreat, and I feel very supported by the parent community. Thank you!
Next week is Catholic Schools Week! There are many special activities planned for next week starting with Sunday. Please join us for a special Parish Appreciation Mass on Sunday at 8:30am or 11:00am. If your child attends one of these masses in his or her St Als uniform -OR- sweatshirt, they are eligible for a free dress pass. Please see Mrs. D. Manfred after mass to collect the pass.
Monday is Nation Appreciation Day! We would like to honor and appreciate family members and friends who are serving or have served our country in the armed forces or other public services by creating an appreciation collage with pictures of our service members. We will be making copies of the pictures, so you will get the original back. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to celebrate the people in your lives who serve our community!
Friday is Friends and Family Day! It is such an important day for our community and I would like to ask your help in keeping it fun and safe!
- If your child will be transported to the church by his or her special person, please notify the teacher.
- If your child is going to lunch with his or her special person, please email me with permission if the special person is not on your child’s pick up card.
- Please sign out with Mrs. Devita and St. Als if your child is leaving for the day or for lunch. Let Mrs. Devita know if your child will be returning later in the day.
We have so many exciting activities next week including:
Sunday, January 26th: Parish Appreciation Mass at 8:30 and 11:00
1/27 **Nation Appreciation**
- Free Dress: Favorite Sports Team
- No spelling this week for Student Appreciation!
- Verbs: Indirect Objects
- Bound Plot Diagram
1/28 **Community Appreciation** **Please turn in the permission slip for mass at the Cathedral by today!**
- Free Dress: Celebrity
- Verbs: Linking verbs and predicate words
- Bound Plot Diagram
- Great Wall of China
1/29 **All Schools Mass at the Cathedral** Students are asked to wear their uniforms in the morning and may change into the free dress theme of “Future You!” upon returning from mass.
- Imagery and simile in Bound
1/30 **Student Appreciation!** NO HOMEWORK!!!
- Free Dress: Mathletes and Athletes
- Verbs: Present, Past, and Future Tense
1/31 **Friends and Family Day!** ** No Free Dress**
- 8:30-8:50 – Friends and Family gather in Garco Gym for coffee and cinnamon rolls
- 8:50-9:15 – Presentation in the gym
- 9:20-9:50 – Special People visit classrooms
- 9:55-10:10 – Walk to St. Als
Have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to celebrating with you and your children next week!