Happy Tuesday second grade families! I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing 3 day weekend. Last week, we spent time in class learning about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. We spent time reflecting on the work he did when he was alive fighting for equality and peace in our world. Today at morning prayer, our class will share their own dreams about peace and hope. I am so thankful to have a group of students who truly care about others and want to spread Christ’s love to all!
Last week, we wrapped up Unit 3 in math. This week we will begin a new measuring unit! We will learn about different units of measurement and when it is appropriate to use centimeters,inches, feet, etc. We will also continue to learn about the lives of different saints. The students love learning about these amazing people and I hope they have enjoyed working on their saint projects at home!
A few reminders for this week:
- Scholastic book orders are due Thursday (1/23)! To order online, please use our class code V77V9 to help us earn free books for the classroom!
- Please join us at St. Al’s on Sunday, January 26th, for the Parishioner Appreciation Mass at either 8:30 AM or 11:00 AM.
- January 27th -31st is Catholic School’s Week! More info to come
- The Staff Appreciation breakfast is next Wednesday, January 29th. Please see Natalie Johnston’s email to sign-up for volunteer opportunities! Thank you in advance!
- The Friends and Family Mass will be next Friday, January 31st at 10:15 AM.
- Please let Kelli Kelly at the front desk know if you did not receive the IRIS alert last week.
- Saint Projects are due Friday, February 7th.
- Newsletter 2019
The newsletter is attached above! Thank you for taking the time to read it each week.
I hope you all have a blessed week!