Happy Monday! Thank you for your patience and grace with the late start this morning. Our top priority is student and staff safety so we thank you for your understanding with the change of schedule. Please let Kelli Kelly know if you did not receive the IRIS alert about the late start this morning! Drive safe out there!
This week, we will be starting a new Religion unit- all about the Saints! To go along with our learning in class, I have assigned a Saints project to be completed at home. Each student will pick one Saint to become an expert on. Please help your child research information about their Saint. The first portion of the project is writing and the second is a visual model/representation of their Saint. Creativity is encouraged! All the information for the project is provided in the Red Folder. The project is due Friday, February 7th. Due to limited space in the classroom, please do not bring in final projects until the due date. Some students may wish to choose the Saint they picked for their Confirmation.
A few reminders for this week:
- We will have a fire drill tomorrow, January 14th, at 10:05. Please no drop-offs or pick-ups during this time.
- The Epiphany All-School Mass will be this Thursday (1/16) at 10:15 AM. You are welcome to join us if your schedule allows.
- There will be no school next Monday, January 20th, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Our class will be leading Morning Prayer next Tuesday, January 21st. We will begin in the Activity Center at 8:45 AM. Please join us if you can!
- Scholastic book orders went home this week! Please submit book orders by Thursday, January 23rd. To order online, please use our class code V77V9 to help us earn free books for the classroom!
- January 27th -31st is Catholic School’s Week! More info to come.
- Newsletter 2019
I hope you all have a blessed week! Stay warm and pray for those who need warmth at this time of year.