January 6, 2020
*Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful and Blessed Christmas!
*We are learning some multiplication strategies and tips in class. I am sending home strategy packets for your child to reference at home when doing homework. Please keep these.
*I am in need of more community snacks for the class. Our students are also in need of pink erasers. We erase a lot! If you are able to donate, I am grateful.
*None! We will start next week. I thought it would be nice to ease back into the routine after break.
- January 16th, Epiphany Mass, 10:15 at the church
- January 20th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No School
- January 26th-February 1st, Catholic Schools Week
- January 31st, Friends and Family All School Mass
- February 13th, No School, Teacher In-service (ELC Open)
- February 14th, No School, Teacher In-service (ELC Closed)
- February 17th, No School, President’s Day
- February 26th, Ash Wednesday Mass, 12:15 at Church
Curricular Information Before Break:
Math: We wrapped up our December Number Corner learning about fractions. We also reviewed subtracting large 3-digit numbers with regrouping and a zero in the tens place. We reviewed rounding to the nearest ten as well. We also enjoyed creating Christmas story problems before break. During our technology time, we had fun playing Prodigy.
Religion: We wrapped up our Advent learning of the Jesse Tree. What an amazing journey through the Old Testament leading to Jesus’ birth! We also had our own class Advent prayer circle.