Welcome back families! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas break and a happy New Year! It is hard to believe that we are already into the second half of the year. I am looking forward to all the fun things yet to come this year in second grade. This week, we will be starting a new math unit about presents and parcels. This is a fun and creative math unit that will challenge the class to write their own story problems! We will also be continuing our writing unit on creating 5 page stories. This week, we are beginning a new GLAD unit about Goods & Services. This will be a new social studies unit that will cover the economics portion of our curriculum.
A few reminders for this week:
- I have a lot of snow hats, gloves, and pants that have been left behind. Feel free to check the closet if your child has any missing items!
- We will have a fire drill on Tuesday, January 14th, at 10:05. Please no drop-offs or pick-ups during this time.
- The Epiphany All-School Mass will be Thursday, January 16th, at 10:15 AM. You are welcome to join us if your schedule allows. J
- There will be no school Monday, January 20th, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Our class will be leading Morning Prayer on Tuesday, January 21st. We will begin in the Activity Center at 8:45 AM. Please join us if you can!
- Newsletter 2019
I hope everyone has a blessed beginning to 2020!