December 2, 2019
*It’s so hard to believe that it is December! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
*Our third trimester ended last week. Report cards and assessments will go home tomorrow.
*Advent is upon us and we are humbled by the awaiting of Jesus’ birth. We will celebrate Advent prayer daily in our front foyer until Christmas break. We will begin this special prayer time at about 8:40. If your child is tardy, please know they will have to wait quietly on the stairs until this prayer is over. Please join us if you can!
*Please prayerfully consider donating to our Annual Fund. Your gifts help our school in so many important ways. Thank you!
*Math & Reading Log: Due Monday
*Math Sheet: Due Monday
*Spelling Test: This Friday
- December 9th, Immaculate Conception Mass, 12:15
- December 13th, Ugly Sweater or Sock Day
- December 17th, 6:30 p.m., K-8 Christmas Program
- December 19th, Advent Reconciliation grades 3-8
- December 23-January 3, Christmas Break
- January 6th, School Resumes
- January 16th, Epiphany Mass, 10:15 at the church
- January 20th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No School
Math: We learned about doubling facts in multiplication and that a double is anything times two. We used numberlines to see the doubles. We also worked on lots of story problems and continued learning about fractions in Number Corner.
Religion: We finished making our Parts of the Mass books and even taught Mrs. Croft’s first grade class what we learned. Look for these books on our hall bulletin board soon!
Science: We wrapped up our water and climate unit by taking a final assessment. Look for these to come home with report cards tomorrow.
Social Studies: We took notes on a double-sided diary about the first Thanksgiving.