Happy Monday and happy first full week of November! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend enjoying the beautiful weather and an extra hour of sleep. I love all the joy that the fall season brings the students with all the wonderful holidays they get to celebrate with their friends and family. I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving this month and taking time to spend with my own family and friends!
This is a short week for the students, but a full week for the parents and teachers! Parent/teacher conferences are Thursday and Friday this week. Please double check your conference time. Angie and Dawn will be visiting classrooms during conferences, so don’t be alarmed if they are present for your conference. Each family is given a 20 minute time slot for their conference. It is very important that we stay on schedule to honor each families time. I look forward to getting to share the wonderful talents/gifts I see in your child!
A few reminders for this week:
- There will be no school Monday, November 11th, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
- We will be having a fire drill on Tuesday, November 12th, at 10:30 AM. Please no drop offs or pick ups during this time.
- Individual Picture re-takes will be Friday, November 22nd.
- If you have not done so, please join our second grade class Facebook page for all information regarding field trips, parties, etc. https://www.facebook.com/stalsparents2026/
- Please remember to respond to your child’s Friday Letters! I will be returning the letters to them at the end of the year to make a memory book.
- There will be no regular homework packet this week due to conferences. Please return the Red Folders on Wednesday.
- Newsletter 2019
Thank you for your continued partnership this year! Please remember to read the newsletter each week to stay up to date on all the fun and exciting events happening in second grade.
I hope you have a blessed week!