October 28, 2019
I am so thankful for everyone’s who helped make Hallowfest such a wonder community event. Thank you for your participation and willingness to volunteer. It was such a fun night and a Holy Spirit Moment for me as I saw the children so happy.
Homework this Week (Please expect to see the following):
• Reading & Math Log (due the following Monday)
• Spelling Words #6 (test on Monday)
• Math Connections Sheet (given out on Monday, due Monday)
• GLAD homework (due the following day)
• Pre-Assessment Unit 2, Pre-Assessment explained, and Family Unit 2 overview (given out Monday, not expected to be returned)
In the front of the mailboxes there will be a file labeled “Extended Activities” where students can grab additional homework assignments to extend the work of that week. I do not require that your child does this as it may not be the best fit for everyone, but it is an option if it does fit your child’s needs and schedule. This work does not need to be turned in, but I would love to see it if your child does complete the work.
If homework is ever too difficult, either in content or amount given, please let me know through email. I would be happy to schedule a meeting with you to discuss how to best support your child.
If you have not had a chance yet, please check your child’s conference time to make sure that will work for you. This is a very important time to have a one on one opportunity to hear about your child’s academic progress and their God-given talents. We truly value our partnership with you and no one knows their child better than you. If you need to reschedule your conference please contact Kelli Kelly at the front office firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will celebrate All Saints/All Souls Mass on Friday at 12:15pm at St. Al’s Church. The third grade class will be leading this Mass and I invite you to attend if you can, it is always a very touching Mass.
Each class takes turns organizing Monday Morning prayer which begins at 8:40a.m. If you can ever linger a bit longer on Mondays to join us, I promise, it is a great way to start your day. Together we deepen our understanding of the Holy Spirit, and explain how by sharing Christ’s love we can “go make a difference in this world!” Forth Grade will be organizing Monday Morning Prayer on November 25th.
We received our pen pals letters from the 4th grade classes at St. Elizabeth Seton School in Rapid City, South Dakota. Last week we read a book about the state of South Dakota and wrote back to our pen pals. These letters will be available for you to see on our bulletin board next week as well as the pictures of us reading and writing back to our pen pals. The students love this activity and truly enjoying getting to know their new friends from SD.
This is just a quick reminder about the birthdays policy and celebrations in 4th grade.
-You may send a treat for your child’s birthday to share with the class. We have 31 students this year. Please be aware of gluten, nut, and dairy allergies. Please keep it simple! Our school guidelines state that we must “keep the treats simple” and “be mindful of being equitable.” We don’t want any hurt feelings if one student gives out larger scale treats than another student. Some ideas of simple treats include: muffins, cookies, cupcakes, Rice Krispy treats, cracker dippers, and fruit. Please do not send in any ice cream, popsicles, or anything that needs to be sliced and prepared. You may send it in the morning of your child’s birthday (or a date near the birthday if it falls on a weekend). Please give me a heads up if you are sending in treats. Thank you in advance for respecting this request.
-Please do not send birthday party invitations through school unless you are inviting the entire class (or all of the girls if your child is a girl, etc.). We don’t want any hurt feelings.
-In 4th grade, if your child has a summer birthday, we will celebrate those birthdays on any Friday starting after Spring Break. Please plan with me before bringing in treats.
Email is the best way to contact me to set up a meeting to address any concerns. If there are questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com to set up a meeting.
• 10/31 Halloween – Black and Orange Free Dress; 7th/8th to Romeo and Juliet at GU
• 11/1 All Saints/All Souls 12:15 Mass @ St. Al’s Church
• 11/4 8th grade Bullpup Preview Day at G-Prep
• 11/7-11/8 Parent Teacher Conferences grades K-8 (No School) ELC is open
• 11/11 No School – Veteran’s Day
• 11/22- Individual Picture Retake Day
• 11/25- 4th Grade is Organizing Monday Morning Prayer 8:40AM
• 11/27- Early Dismissal- K-8th&Mont 12pm Dismissal/ ELC Closing at 3:00pm
• 11/28 & 11/29: Thanksgiving Holiday- School Closed/ELC Closed Dec 9: Immaculate Conception Mass
• 12/17: K-8th Grade Christmas Program – More info to come
• 12/19: Advent Reconciliation- 10:00am @ St. Al’s Church
• 12/23-1/3: Christmas Break- School Closed/ELC Closed
• 1/6: School Resumes