Welcome back to another exciting week in second grade! Last week we had an unexpected snow day and no school on Friday. I hope everyone enjoyed a little extra rest! This week in second grade, we will be focusing on compassion. Last week, I introduced what compassion is and we talked about things that “tug at our hearts”. This week, we are going to discuss how we can show compassion to people that we know in our school community, our families, and our Spokane community. We will also be building bead strings and learning about the addition table in math to help us with our addition and subtraction fluency!
A few reminders for this week:
- Individual picture day is re-scheduled for this Wednesday (10/16). Please bring in your order form by Wednesday morning! Students may wear their best free dress or their uniform.
- Scholastic book orders for October are due Thursday (10/17). Use our class code, V77V9, to order books online.
- Hallowfest is October 25th! More info to come.
- Please check your child’s red folder each week. Homework, the newsletter, Friday Letters, and graded work will be sent home in the red folder.
- Please let the front office know if you did not receive the IRIS alerts about the evacuation drill or the school closure.
- Newsletter 2019
Thank you so much to all the second grade parents and students for the fun wedding surprise on Thursday! It is so special to share these memories together.
I hope you all have a great week full of Holy Spirit Moments!