Happy Tuesday! Welcome to another short week of school! Even though we do not have school on Friday, we are going to be busy bees this week. Our bee unit is in full swing and I have enjoyed learning some facts about bees from your children. This week we are learning about the yellow jacket and the mining bee. I encourage you to show your child pictures of these types of bees to spark their curiosity! We also spent yesterday learning about St. Francis of Assisi and how we celebrated his feast day on October 3rd. St. Francis loved all of God’s creation especially animals! We will continue to talk this week about caring for God’s creation and reading the creation story.
A few reminders for this week:
- We will be having our Evacuation Drill to Fourth Memorial today at 9:15 AM. No drop-offs or pick-ups after 9:00 AM.
- Individual Picture day is Wednesday (10/9). Please turn in your order form by Wednesday morning!
- Ordinary Time all-school mass is Thursday (10/10) at 10:15 AM. You are more than welcome to join us!
- There is no school Friday (10/11) due to teacher in-service.
- Scholastic book orders for October are due Thursday, October 17th. Use our class code, V77V9, to order books online.
- Newsletter 2019
I am excited for another week full of growing and learning with your children! Thank you for your continued partnership by reading the newsletter and checking your child’s Red Folder. Red Folders are due on Thursday this week.