March 18, 2019
*Thank you for your donations!!
*Spring conferences are this Friday, March 22nd. They are optional and I have contacted some of you for a conference. If you have not heard from me and would like to meet, please let me know. We will not have school that day.
*Registration began on March 11th and registration packets are due by March 25th. Please make sure your account is in order to register.
*Please continue to save Box Tops!
*There is another easy way to earn money for our school without doing much extra! If you make purchases on Amazon, please consider using the site, Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com), and choosing St. Aloysius School as your charitable organization of choice. All you have to do is link your Amazon account to our school at (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1433780) and Amazon will donate 5% back to our school for each of your purchases. You will need to order through the Amazon Smile website instead of the regular Amazon site to receive this donation, but they are very similar and it’s easy to use. Thank you!
- Cursive: Please encourage your child to try their best with neat writing. (Due Monday)
- Math: Double-sided sheet (Due Monday)
- Math Log: Please continue to have your child practice math facts (especially multiplication facts) each night. It is so important for them to know their facts quickly. (Due Monday)
- Reading Log: Please read for 15 minutes each night. (Due Monday)
- Spelling Words: Test Thursday
- March 21st, Lenten Mass at St. Al’s, 10:15
- March 22nd, Conferences, No School, ELC open
- March 25th, Registration ends
- March 28th, Lenten Reconciliation
- April 1-5, Spring Break, No School, ELC open
- April 10th, Insect Project Due
Math: We continued learning about fractions by doing pattern block fractions and comparing fractions on a numberline. We also continued studying multiplication.
Language Arts: We continued learning about nouns and pronouns this week. We went on a fun noun and pronoun hunt around our classroom. We also worked on highlighting the main ideas and underlining details in paragraphs. Finding key ideas and details in text is a target for third grade students in the diocese.
Religion: Please continue to work on memorizing the Creed with your child. I will begin testing them on Monday.
Science: We continued working in our expert groups to learn about insects. We also began a little research project on the chromebooks in the technology lab. Please look at the attached insect poster project page in this packet. It explains their at home insect project they are to do.
Social Studies: We began our Native American/Spokane unit on Thursday. We went on a museum walk in our classroom of pictures. We made observations about them and guessed what they were pictures of.