Happy Monday St. Al’s second grade families! We hope you all had a wonderful weekend enjoying the beautiful sunshine God blessed us with. We have begun the season of Lent and our students spent some time last week reflecting on what they could do to get closer to God during this Lenten season. It was amazing seeing all the deep and insightful ideas they came up with. It is a wonderful thing to get to talk about faith with these young children and get a chance to deepen our faith together. We will continue reflecting on our Lenten promises this week!
A few reminders for this week:
- The school play, Annie Jr., opens this week! We will be going to see the play Wednesday morning as a whole school. We will be gone from 9:30-11:30 AM. There will be two performances of Annie Jr. that you can buy tickets to! Thursday (3/14) and Friday (3/15) at 7:00 PM at Gonzaga Prep. Tickets are available through the school website.
- Dinosaur projects are in the hallway and are ready to be taken home. We were blown away by the outstanding effort our students put into their projects. Well done!
- Our class and the MAC class will be having a chapel mass this week on Thursday (3/14).
- Wednesday (3/13) is the last day of the 2nd trimester. Report cards will be sent home next Monday (3/18).
- Friday (3/15) is St. Patrick’s Day Free Dress! Students may wear green to school on this day!
- March 11th newsletter
The newsletter is attached above. Thank you for continuing to read it each week.
We hope you all have a blessed week!
Ms. King and Mrs. Weber