February 25, 2019
*Please continue to work with your child on knowing multiplication facts. It is imperative that they know these. Thank you!
*Our school play, Annie Jr., is on March 14th and 15th at 7:00 p.m. It is at Gonzaga Prep and tickets can be purchased on our school website. Come see it if you can!
*If you have not yet returned the letter of intent for next year, please do so ASAP. Registration begins on March 11th.
*Please continue to collect Box Tops. Fifty box tops is worth one volunteer hour and earns our school $5. Thank you!
- Cursive: A double-sided cursive sheet will now be included in the weekly packets. Please encourage your child to try their best with neat writing. (Due Monday)
- Math: Double-sided sheet (Due Monday)
- Math Log: Please continue to have your child practice math facts (especially multiplication facts) each night. It is so important for them to know their facts quickly. (Due Monday)
- Reading Log: Please read for 15 minutes each night. (Due Monday)
- Spelling Words: Test Friday
- March 6th, 12:15, Ash Wednesday Mass, St. Al’s church
- March 8th, No School, Inservice
- March 11th, Registration begins
- March 14th & 15th, 7:00 p.m., Annie Jr. @ Gonzaga Prep
- March 21st, Lenten Mass at St. Al’s, 10:15
- March 22nd, Conferences, No School, ELC open
- March 28th, Lenten Reconciliation
- April 1-5, Spring Break, No School, ELC open
Math: We are currently discovering all kinds of measurement including telling time, measuring mass using gram weights and balance scales, and understanding volume. We learned that there is a difference between mass and weight. Ask your child to explain it to you. The children had a blast measuring objects with gram weights and balance scales. Look at the pictures on my website. We also continued to learn about area & perimeter, comparing fractions, and multiplication strategies. Mrs. Dvorak went over the children’s math tests with them and I will send them home with report cards.
Language Arts: We continued writing our whole class opinion piece, as well as practicing cursive. We also continued with guided reading of non-fiction texts. The children also read a short story in small groups. Throughout the story, they reflected on the feelings of the character as well as finding text evidence. These are skills they need to know for our Diocesan 3rd grade standards as well as for our MAP test. We also began studying pronouns and understanding how they are different than nouns.
Religion: We continued learning the first part of our Creed by writing more unfamiliar words in our dictionaries as well as saying the words using sign language. We also prepared for our Chapel Mass on Thursday. We had a great discussion after Mass about the homily. We learned that we need to be less selfish and choose others before ourselves.
Science: We have pupas! Ask your child what that means and what our mealworms are doing. We learned about the lifecycle of our mealworms by writing information on our pictorial charts, as well as adding to our dictionaries.