February 19, 2019
*Thanks for bearing with us as we experienced weather related closures and delays last week. I’m glad everyone was safe!
*If you have not yet returned the letter of intent for next year, please do so ASAP. Registration begins on March 11th.
*Please continue to collect Box Tops. Fifty box tops is worth one volunteer hour and earns our school $5. Thank you!
- Cursive: A double-sided cursive sheet will now be included in the weekly packets. Please encourage your child to try their best with neat writing. (Due Monday)
- Math: Double-sided sheet (Due Monday)
- Math Log: Please continue to have your child practice math facts (especially multiplication facts) each night. It is so important for them to know their facts quickly. (Due Monday)
- Reading Log: Please read for 15 minutes each night. (Due Monday)
- Spelling Words: Test Friday
- February 21st, 3rd & 4th grades Chapel Mass
- March 6th, 12:15, Ash Wednesday Mass, St. Al’s church
- March 8th, No School, Inservice
- March 11th, Registration begins
- March 21st, Lenten Mass at St. Al’s, 10:15
- March 22nd, Conferences, No School, ELC open
- March 28th, Lenten Reconciliation
- April 1-5, Spring Break, No School, ELC open
Math: In Number Corner, we continued learning about fractions of a dollar by learning that quarters are equal to ¼ of a dollar. We also worked on numberline fractions, story problems, multiplication strategies for 10, and telling time on a numberline.
Language Arts: We continued writing our whole class opinion piece, as well as practicing cursive. We also continued with guided reading.
Religion: We continued learning the first part of our Creed.
Science: We enjoyed having Turnbull Wildlife Refuge visit our class for a presentation on mammals! They came on Wednesday afternoon. Ask your child what they learned from them.