November 5, 2018
*Thank you to those of you who volunteered for our Halloween party by donating items or attending. The children had a fun time!
*I am looking forward to conferencing with you at the end of this week. You should have received an email from Kelli in the office with your conference time. It was also attached to the school Monday News email.
*Please send PE shoes for Monday, Tuesday, and Friday each week. If you wish to leave a pair in the classroom, that is fine too. The children must have tennis shoes in order to participate.
*Please donate your Box Tops. Many thanks!
*IF you are planning on going on field trips this year, you must be Virtus trained. Watch the volunteer section of the Monday News to see the scheduled Virtus trainings. Please contact Aleisha Webb [email protected] for more information.
- Spelling Words (Test next Tuesday because of long weekend.)
- Reading Log (Kids should be reading 10-15 minutes or more each night.)
- Math Log (Kids should be practicing their math facts for at least 10 minutes
each night. Try and vary this with addition, subtraction, and multiplication.)
- Double-sided math sheet (Due Tuesday)
- Veteran’s Day Stars (These are due Tuesday. Please see the attached letter.)
*If you need time to complete the math or reading log over the weekend, feel free to do so. As long as the children are doing 4 days a week of reading and math facts, it doesn’t matter to me if they are done Monday-Thursday or worked on over the weekend too.
- November 8th & 9th, Parent/Teacher Conferences, No School
- November 12th, Veteran’s Day Observed, No School
- November 14th, Operation Christmas Child items due (more info. to come)
- Wednesday, November 21st, Early Dismissal, 12:00
- November 22nd-23rd, Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th, Picture Retakes
Math: This week we took the Unit 1 math assessment. I will share these with you at conferences. We also wrote some Halloween story problems and began our new unit on multiplication.
Reading: We continued to meet in small groups to read. Some groups have finished their first book and have begun reading their second. I work daily with small groups on reading.
Social Studies: We finished our continent maps. Look for these in the hall!
Writing: We continued our discussion on revision. We chose two pieces to revise and have ready for conferences. We also learned the difference between common and proper nouns.
Science: Our science experiment explored the concept of sinking and floating as well as density. We observed that hot water floats on room temperature water and cold water sinks. We also observed that ice cubes will float. We added to our dictionaries, pictorial chart, Science journals.
Religion: We continued learning about the parts of Mass and added to our book. We also learned about All Saints/All Souls Day and read from our Saintly Fun Fact book. We really enjoyed being Saints at Mass!