St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School
June 4, 2018
“All of life’s important relationships thrive under the condition
of carefree timelessness. Learn to waste time with the people you love.”
~ Matthew Kelly
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
Thank you to everyone for your contributions that made our annual Fund Run a huge success! This event works to build community amongst our students and families while offering financial support! It gives us all a chance to come together from youngest to oldest while celebrating our school and the relationships that are fostered here. Also, I would like to extend a special thank you to Bri Barbieri for leading Fund Run and all our parent volunteers that came alongside our staff and students to help in whatever capacity was needed.
This week is our 8th grade graduation Mass on June 7th at 5:00pm at St. Aloysius Church. This capstone event allows us an opportunity to celebrate and pray for them as they prepare to share their God given talents as graduates of St. Aloysius Gonzaga. Today at Monday Morning Prayer we talked about how proud the community is of them and how our hope is that they will feel God’s presence in their daily lives as they go forth to light the world on fire!
May your week be filled with many unexpected blessings.
In Christ’s Peace,
Message from ELC Administrator Julie Simmons:
Hello ELC Families! Summer is just around the corner…check out these fun activities we are planning!
Please mark your calendars for the first of summer events in our center!
- On June 15 we are hosting our Carnival Field Day-look for more information on our flier
- On June 26 we are hosting an ice cream social to welcome our new families and to reconnect with one another
- On June 27 our SuperTots program begins for students aged 18 mos-5 years to reconnect with one another and to welcome our new kiddos & families for June 26 from 9:30-12:00.
Blessings to you all this week!
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars:
June 7: 8th grade graduation 5:00 PM @ St. Als Church
June 13: Field Day and Talent Show
June 14: Last day of school! Mass at 9:00am St. Al’s Church
Important Notes & Reminders:
St. Aloysius Fall Sport Sign Up! Sign up is continuing for St. Aloysius Gonzaga Fall Sports. Just Google “St. Aloysius Gonzaga Family ID” to sign up! It’s easy and if your child has played St. Al’s Sports before, registration will be very quick! It is not necessary to pay at this time, however, it is good to sign up early to reserve your child’s spot and help the Athletic Department prepare for the fall.
For 5 & 6 Tackle Football and 7 & 8 Tackle Football, please see flyers attached and sign your child up now! Registration is $85.00 if it is done before June 5; the fee jumps to $135.00 after this date because we must buy equipment early and also for team formation (which schools will play with our team). Questions? Call Pete at 509-362-4411.
CAST of CHARACTERS DRAMA CAMP Info:
Back by popular demand, this two-week intensive camp inspires Spokane’s youth to be creative and imaginative. Within two weeks, campers will put on a full musical production, complete with improv and choreography, as well as having a blast while doing it. Originally brought to Spokane by Andi and Sean Kane, CAST has been around for over a decade and still going strong! CAST is located at Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, WA and run by Cataldo Drama Director Jenna Solberg as well as Yours Truly (along with a host of wonderful high school-aged counselors).
CAST runs from August 6-17, Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. Registration costs $250, but we do have some scholarships available (please contact Mr. Barfield if you’re interested). CAST is open to all students going into grades 4-9, and it’s not just for St. Al’s kids. Know an All Saints actor who’d be interested? Forward this along! But hurry before it’s too late! There are a limited number of spots this year. Follow this link to Prep’s website to register: https://goo.gl/sy7cpo
Gonzaga Preparatory School located in Spokane, Washington is a private Catholic high school in the Inland Northwest. As a Jesuit institution, Gonzaga Prep has been recognized for its college preparation education, and community service.
|Gonzaga Preparatory School|
To our money counters, ticket counters, data entry, t-shirt sorting and sales, set-up/tear down, lap counters, water stations, families that donated supplies and prizes, our awesome DJ and all the other details that helped make Fund Run a success, THANK YOU!!!
Thank you to everyone who contributed to fund run this year, especially our awesome corporate sponsors! We have raised $52,686 to date, and we are still counting!
Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line:
- Be a FINISHER! Thank you to Washington Trust Bank and the Yentzer Family for their official FINISHER gifts of $3600 in honor of the Sisters of the Holy Names and the Jesuits! Thank you also to the following people for honoring the Sisters and the Jesuits with your gifts! Just $92,335 to go!!!
- Mark & Theresa Boyer Family
- Mike & Mary Kay Bryan
- Jean Conger
- Tori Highfill
- Mike & MaryAnn Rapp
- Virginia Zaagman
Complete the attached form and return to school –OR– follow the link below to be a FINISHER! Give today!
We are highly sensitive to the privacy interests of consumers and believes that the protection of those interests is one of its most significant responsibilities.
- ELC Supply Drive!: We have already had 279 items purchased for our new infant and toddler care rooms! Over $3600 worth of blessings! THANK YOU!!! You can still participate in our ELC Supply Drive by following the link below. Join us!
Welcome to Amazon Baby Registry!
Please look over your Volunteer Hour Summary and make sure it is completely up-to-date. All volunteer hours must be completed and submitted by THIS FRIDAY, June 8. Any unfulfilled hours will be billed at the rate of $20 per volunteer hour. Volunteer Hour Summaries will be available for pickup at the front desk after school today. PLEASE NOTE: Any volunteer hours recorded under “Other” will not be counted unless there is a description at the bottom of the page included. Here are some volunteer opportunities available to you:
- Help assemble cribs in the new building
- A few cleaning/organizing projects throughout the school that need to be done
- Field day on June 13
Please email Aleisha Webb at [email protected] to volunteer. Thank you!
Fund a Run:
- When recording volunteer hours for Fund Run, please leave a brief description at the bottom of the page explaining how you helped out. If you have any questions, please email Aleisha Webb at [email protected].
- Crib Assembly: We need your help! We are still looking for some volunteers to help with crib assembly. We realize it may be easier for families to volunteer for this in the evening. If there is an evening that you are available, please email Aleisha Webb at [email protected] or sign up on the google sheet. We do ask that this be a child free volunteer opportunity. Thank you for your help!
- Donations for Volunteer Hours: Here is another donation for volunteer hours opportunity. We are asking for donations of gift cards (minimum of $20 each) to stores where we can purchase Fund Run weekly prizes. With each gift card, please provide a validation receipt. We have also included a list of small prizes that can be purchased. Please follow the link below to sign up.
- Field Day: We are looking for volunteers to help out with Field Day on Wednesday, June 13th. Time TBD. Please email Aleisha Webb with any questions you may have. Please follow the link below to sign up! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZ9Tv1JCP_rJLIxdAqqsA-1SlWtezOZiyUxcyTLemQY/edit?usp=sharing
If you have not yet signed up for the Amazon Smile Program, now is a great time! Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1433780 or smile.amazon.com every time you shop online, and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to St. Al’s School.
Share Your Pictures:
With all of the end of the year activities and celebrations rapidly approaching, please share your St. Al’s pictures with us to use on social media. Fund Run, Graduation, and more!!! We would love to use your pictures!!!!
Email pictures to [email protected].
- We pray for our 8th graders as they graduate this week! Go forth and set the world on fire!
- A prayer of thanksgiving for a successful Fund Run and to everyone that helped make this day possible!
- Parish Bulletin
- Study Skills flyer
St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School