May 29th, 2018
- Fund Run is this Friday! You will get a schedule soon. Children can wear free dress and fund run shirts this Friday. They should wear tennis shoes and sun screen too. Join us to cheer on our runners! Please continue collecting money this week. We so appreciate all of your support!!!
- If you still need volunteer hours, please consider volunteering for Fund Run. We need a lot of help! Please contact Aleisha Webb (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
- Please record all of your volunteer hours and return them to Aleisha Webb ASAP.
- We will be doing some year-end testing this week. Report cards will go home on the last day of school.
- Our class will have free dress on June 5th thanks to the Carlson family who bought it for us at the auction.
- All summer long, St. Al’s offers FREE meals for breakfast and lunch from June 18th – August 24th. Breakfast is served 8:30-9am and Lunch is served 11-12 daily.
- Homework is over! J
- June 1st, Fund Run
- June 5th, Class Free Dress
- June 13th, Talent Show & Field Day
- June 14th, Last Day (Mass at 9:00 and dismissal after Mass)
Math: We learned a new division game called “Division Capture.” I sent a blank copy home with the kids so you can play if you like. We also worked on some story problems and reviewed for our end of the year math assessment.
Social Studies: We continued learning about Spokane. We learned how the settlers started arriving because of Mullan Road. We also learned who Antoine Plante was. The students loved learning about Plante’s Ferry since many of them play soccer in that same spot.
Religion: We continued learning about the Sacraments. This week we talked about Matrimony and Holy Orders. We added these to our process grid. We also learned about Pentecost.
Science: We created another circuit, but this time we tested materials to see if they were conductors or insulators of electricity. We also learned about open and closed circuits.