May 21st, 2018
- Children can wear uniform bottoms and fund run shirts this Friday.
- The children have been practicing the Apostles’ Creed daily in class. This is the main prayer that they need to have memorized this year. I will be testing them individually on this prayer on Monday, May 21st. I will test a few kids each day by having them say it to me. They will only need to know the words and not the signs that we have learned. They are more than welcome to do both if they feel they are ready.
- All summer long, St. Al’s offers FREE meals for breakfast and lunch from June 18th – August 24th. Breakfast is served 8:30-9am and Lunch is served 11-12 daily.
- If you still need volunteer hours, please consider volunteering for Fund Run. We need a lot of help! Please contact Aleisha Webb (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
- Homework this Week (This is our last week of homework and spelling tests for the year!):
- Math and Reading Logs
- Math Sheet
- Cursive Practice
- Spelling Words (Test Friday)
- May 21st, Creed testing begins
- May 25th, Fund Run Assembly, uniform bottoms and fund run shirts
- May 28th, No School, Memorial Day
- June 1st, Fund Run
- June 13th, Talent Show & Field Day
- June 14th, Last Day (Mass at 9:00 and dismissal after Mass)
Math: We enjoyed sharing story problems we created last week. It was a great opportunity for the students to share their work and for the rest of the kids to solve these problems. We also continued to practice multiplication and division problems. One way we did this was to play Bingo! J
Writing: We continued writing our narratives and learning cursive. We also wrote thank you notes to Fr. Byrne.
Social Studies: We loved having Fr. Byrne here to share all about the Native Americans and the how the Jesuits helped them! He left us some of his precious Native American artifacts to look at over the next few weeks. A favorite was a handmade beaded stole that had been given to him by the Native Americans.
Religion: We continued learning about the Sacraments. This week we talked about Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick. We added these to our process grid. We also enjoyed reflecting on prayers, sharing intentions, and attending our Marian Mass.
Science: We created a circuit and made a motor run! We also made a circuit light up both a light bulb and run the motor at the same time. We were able to make a Venn Diagram to compare the two circuits.