Monday News 5/14/2108
“Be not afraid to live your faith. Be not afraid of branching out into the unknown
Be not afraid of the world’s view of failure. And be not afraid to alter your life’s mission.”
~ John Abbate
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I am excited to have Principal John and Paul Schwering assist me today. They have many fun activities planned for the students such as free dress, extra recess, bringing Mr. Hanson lunch, and a special treat for the first grade class. I was impressed with their desire to do nice things for others and make this a special day for everyone.
This week our 8th grade class performs their final literature presentations on the Hero they chose. This is a wonderful time to see how they have matured and how they bring all their God given gifts together in this all school presentation. They perform on Thursday so they would appreciate your extra prayers this week.
This is a very busy time of year so please pay special attention to the important dates listed below. I bring special attention to the year end Awards Assemblies taking place on May 22nd at 8:45am for ⅚ graders and May 25th for ⅞ graders at 8:45am These awards include honor roll, extracurricular activities at school and in the parish and community service. We will have rolls and coffee available at 8:30 for parents to enjoy before the assembly begins.
Also, please keep Mr. Hanson in your prayers as he recovers from an injury. I hope you find God’s blessings in his beautiful creation and those around us this week.
Lastly, please join me in thanking our Fund Run Sponsors:
* Papa Murphy’s Take & Bake Pizza (McCabe Family)
* Financial Forum, Inc. (Comstock Family)
* The Kids Clinic (Thompson Family)
* Dick’s Hamburgers (Richardson/Peterson Family)
* Al & Harriett Stern Memorial Bracket (Cleveland Family)
* Mackin & Little, Inc.
* Dvorak Family
* Nollette Investment & Retirement Planning, LLC (Nollette Family)
* Budinger & Associates, Inc. (Finnegan Family)
* U-District Physical Therapy (Cronin Family)
* Evergreen Cosmetic & Family Dentistry (Dodson Family)
* Yost Gallagher Construction (Gallagher Family)
* Walt’s Mailing Service
* Goodale & Barbieri (Barbieri Family)
* FroYo Earth (Alumni)
* Pacific Co. Sportswear
* EnergeticX Family (Russell Family)
In Christ’s Peace,
Message from ELC Administrator Julie Simmons:
Greetings ELC Families!
Hope you enjoyed a blessed Mother’s Day…here in the center our kiddos put a lot of time and effort into your special gifts, I was so impressed with their creativity!
Interviews for our new infant/toddler teaching positions continue and have been going very well; we are so pleased to have such high-caliber candidates to meet with!
In addition, our enrollment drive continues…though our slots are filling rapidly, we do so appreciate your referrals to friends and family, so thank you!
Plans are underway for our first summer social…if you would like to help make this event special, please let Joanne or Sandra at the front desk know of your interest, or contact me directly. Have a wonderful week!
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars:
May 17: 8th grade Hero Presentations
May 28: Memorial Day/Holiday- No School/No ELC
June 1: Fund Run!
June 13: Field Day and Talent Show – more information to come
Important Notes & Reminders:
Yearbook Order forms: Are going home today. Order form and money are due Friday, May 25th.
Dorian Group Photo Day
Tuesday, May 15th, Dorian will be here starting 9am to take group photos for the yearbook. Group photos will be of all our sport teams, bands, drama cast, and much more! So if your child participated in a St. Al’s sport, or extra-curricular activity, be sure they attend Tuesday so they can be in the picture!
2018 All City Parochial School Track & Field Meet: Wednesday, May 16 at Gonzaga Prep – events start at 3:30sharp, The Meet is open to all parochial students. This is a great opportunity for students grades 1-8 to try some different events in this great sport. See the attached flyer for more information.
CAST of CHARACTERS DRAMA CAMP Info:
Back by popular demand, this two-week intensive camp inspires Spokane’s youth to be creative and imaginative. Within two weeks, campers will put on a full musical production, complete with improv and choreography, as well as having a blast while doing it. Originally brought to Spokane by Andi and Sean Kane, CAST has been around for over a decade and still going strong! CAST is located at Gonzaga Prep in Spokane, WA and run by Cataldo Drama Director Jenna Solberg as well as Yours Truly (along with a host of wonderful high school-aged counselors).
CAST runs from August 6-17, Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. Registration costs $250, but we do have some scholarships available (please contact Mr. Barfield if you’re interested). CAST is open to all students going into grades 4-9, and it’s not just for St. Al’s kids. Know an All Saints actor who’d be interested? Forward this along! But hurry before it’s too late! There are a limited number of spots this year. Follow this link to Prep’s website to register: https://goo.gl/sy7cpo
Gonzaga Preparatory School<https://goo.gl/sy7cpo>
Gonzaga Preparatory School located in Spokane, Washington is a private Catholic high school in the Inland Northwest. As a Jesuit institution, Gonzaga Prep has been recognized for its college preparation education, and community service.
Gonzaga Preparatory School<https://goo.gl/sy7cpo>
* Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line:With $485,253 of our $600,000 goal, we only have $114,747 left to Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line!!! Is your name on the wall??? GIVE NOW! Together we can Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line!!! Follow the link below to give! For more information, please contact Cami Carlson at 489-7825 x238 or firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
CROSS THE PHASE 2 FINISH LINE! – DonorSnap<https://forms.donorsnap.com/form?id=d12688f4-decc-4152-91a1-1739f210d503>
We are highly sensitive to the privacy interests of consumers and believes that the protection of those interests is one of its most significant responsibilities.
* WATCH FOR UPCOMING OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE!
* Do you want to be a FINISHER??? Details coming soon!
* We also have a super fun opportunity to give to our capital campaign for our Fund Run donors…There are even EXCLUSIVE PRIZES!!! Details coming your way next Friday!!!
Fund Run 2018:
* 2018 Fund Run Corporate Sponsors: Thank you to our AWESOME Fund Run Sponsors!
* What an AMAZING first week of Fund Run!! We have raised $13,890 of our $57,500 goal! Our students have done a tremendous job!
* May 10th Weekly Winners :
* K-All Girl: Alessandra Craggett Boy: Andrew Hoenike
* K-AM Girl: Maggie Devita Boy: Jack Cooney
* 1st Girl: Vayah Mills Boy: Zachary Goligoski
* 2nd Girl: Helene Mills Boy: Patrick Manfred
* MAC Girl: Simone MIlls Boy: JP Hart
* 3rd Girl: Maya Higgins Boy: Colt Few
* 4th Girl: Taryn Barbieri Boy: Satori Wilson & Bryson Fruci
* 5th Girl: Julia Few Boy: Abe Krauss
* 6th Girl: Rosie Thompson Boy: Joseph Leone
* 7th Girl: Emily McCulloh Boy: Lucas Manfred
* 8th Girl: Noelani Krauss Boy: Jesse Becker
* Top Boy: Jack Cooney Top Girl: Maya Higgins
* Fund Run Volunteering:Please see opportunities below in our “Volunteer Opportunities” section!
* Weekly Pledge Sheets went home last Thursday, May 10. These sheets are for students to continue to gather pledges towards tickets for our Fund Run Prizes announced today at Monday Morning Prayer. Be on the lookout for these prize buckets in the hallway.
* This is the last week for Triple Ticket Week – it ends Thursday, May 17, at 9:00am.
* There are students who have still not turned in their Medical Release/T-shirt size form. Your child will NOT be able to participate in Fund Run without one. There are copies at the Front Desk.
If you have not yet signed up for the Amazon Smile Program, now is a great time! Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1433780<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/f.html?C=75N5601ZWOTI&K=3DDDFVWWMK2L3&M=urn:rtn:msg:20180312140217bf57fb38bd1343cf86f808727d90p0na&R=Z7CIA7HYUB8Y&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fsmile.amazon.com%2Fch%2F91-1433780&H=A53ATAUUUHWNV9IJW2BPXW9JMM4A> or smile.amazon.comevery time you shop online, and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to St. Al’s School.
Share Your St. Al’s Story
Do you have a great St. Al’s story or testimonial to why you love being a part of our community? Please share your story with us today! Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Send Us Your Pictures
There are many activities going on right now in our St.Al’s community. Please share your photos with me to use on our web and social media postings. Feel free to email me photos of sporting events, field trips, or social justice projects your family worked on together, email to
Follow us on Facebook “St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School Spokane”
Please “like” and “share” our stories on Facebook.
There will still be many volunteer opportunities for you to complete the required volunteer hours for the year! Hours must be completed and submitted by Friday, June 8. Here are some volunteer opportunities available to you:
* Volunteer at Fund Run on Friday, June 1 (link listed below)
* Donate items needed for the Fund Run (link listed below)
* Help assemble cribs in the new building
* I have a few cleaning/organizing projects throughout the school that need to be done.
* Fund Run has MANY volunteer opportunities! Please follow the google link below to sign up. If you have any questions, please email Brianna Barbieri at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Sign up here to volunteer for Fund Run: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TS1IzQzPlJFGQVX7X6mf3F-pF8xejFfJjI-ndGQHL60/edit?usp=sharing
* Crib Assembly: We need your help! We are still looking for some volunteers to help with crib assembly. We realize it may be easier for families to volunteer for this in the evening. If there is an evening that you are available, please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or sign up on the google sheet. We do ask that this be a child free volunteer opportunity. Thank you for your help!
Crib Construction Volunteers<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yc2PFXEh1EtwgMhgjTcUAPPHCiLp7N26rU0PC7ruus/edit?usp=sharing>
Sheet1 Crib Construction volunteers still needed! Timeframes are flexible. Please email Aleisha Webb at awebb@ dioceseofspokane. org with any questions you may have. Thank you for your time! * This opportunity will require some lifting and you will need to be handy with tools. Name:, Phone Nu…
* Donations for Volunteer Hours: Here is another donation for volunteer hours opportunity. We are asking for donations of gift cards (minimum of $20 each) to stores where we can purchase Fund Run weekly prizes. With each gift card, please provide a validation receipt. We have also included a list of small prizes that can be purchased. Please follow the link below to sign up.
* Field Day: We are looking for volunteers to help out with Field Day on Wednesday, June 13th. Time TBD. Please email Aleisha Webb with any questions you may have. Please follow the link below to sign up!
Field Day Wednesday, June 13th<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZ9Tv1JCP_rJLIxdAqqsA-1SlWtezOZiyUxcyTLemQY/edit?usp=sharing>
Sheet1 More information to come! Please email Aleisha Webb at awebb@ dioceseofspokane. org with any questions. Thank you! Wednesday, June 13th@ 9: 00 amName, Email Address, Phone Number
* Please continue to hold Mr. Hanson in prayer as he recovers from an injury.
* A prayer of Thanksgiving for all of our Mother’s and Grandmother’s and the special women in our lives!
* Help us to take time to acknowledge all of the beautiful gifts of Spring from our heavenly Father.
St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School