March 19th, 2018
- Thank you to everyone who donated toiletry items to our class Social Justice project with our first grade buddies. We made a lot of bags and the children at Kira’s Kloset were so excited to receive them!
- Our Walking fieldtrip to the Academy has been moved to Thursday, March 22nd at 12:45 p.m. I have attached the permission slip to this packet. Please sign and return it ASAP so your child can attend. I would love to have people walk with us if you can. Let me know if you would like to come.
- We will be going to Prep with the whole school on Wednesday, March 21st, to see Seussical. If you haven’t done so, please return your child’s permission slip ASAP!
- Fund Run Survival Packets went home today with the youngest child in the family. They are due this Friday, March 23rd. Even though Fund Run isn’t until June 1st, they wanted to start this process early.
- Please continue to collect Boxtops for Education. Thank you!
- Homework this Week:
- Math and Reading Logs
- Math Sheet
- Cursive Practice
- Spelling Words (Test Friday)
- Wednesday, March 21st, Seussical fieldtrip, 9:45-12:00
- Thursday, March 22nd, Walking Fieldtrip to Academy, 12:45 p.m. (Walk with us if you can!)
- Friday, March 23rd, Fund Run packets due
- Monday, March 26th, Insect posters due
- Friday, March 30th, Stations of the Cross, 10:15
- Sunday, April 1st, Easter
- April 2nd through 6th, Spring Break
- Wednesday, April 18th, Fieldtrip to The Spokane House
- Thursday, April 26th, Easter Mass, 10:15
Math: We finished our unit on rounding, adding, and subtracting larger numbers. We reviewed and took a test on that unit.
Writing: We finished our pieces for the residents of the Academy and are anxious to share them!
Religion: We learned more about the Holy Spirit, including the symbols of the Holy Spirit. We reviewed our learning that the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and all three Persons are one. We created the symbol of the dove and put them in the hall. We also packed our toiletry bags for Kira’s Kloset! The children were really excited to share these items with kids in need. On Thursday, we went to the Lenten Mass held in our gym.
Social Studies: We learned about how the Nez Perce Tribe brought horses to the Spokanes in the 18oo’s. We discussed how horses changed their lives for the better. We also learned a Spokane chant.
Science/Reading: We finished our studies of insects in our expert groups by creating mind maps. We used these maps as a way to organize the information we learned. We will teach the other students our information this week.