Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend! I am finally released from the boot on my foot and so enjoyed my walk this weekend. It was such a good reminder to me to not take the little things in life for granted because sometimes they bring us the most joy.
At Monday Morning Prayer today we talked about the rice bowls and the significant role they play for the hungry in our world. I am so proud of the way the students have shown deep compassion and a willingness to make a difference for others in need. Your children are not only learning the Catholic social justice teachings, but putting them into action. Your child will be discussing with you this month their ideas for their social justice project. The teachers will be sending project updates in their newsletters or on their webpage.
We are gearing up for registration to begin, and I wanted to inform you that both the ELC and the K-8 programs will begin registration on March 19th. We open registration to our current families first before we begin working on our waiting lists in April. Please be mindful to have your account current so you can register on time and secure your spot for the next school year.
· Current families (ELC and K-8) will begin registration on March 19, 2018, and the registration packet will be due on March 28th.
· We will begin Fair Share Conferences for K-8 families on March 19, and run them through March 30.
· The Nazareth Guild has a new process that families will use to apply for the tuition assistance tap grant awards. It is a program called FACTS. All families who would like to access financial assistance through the Fair Share Tuition program must complete an online application through FACTS and submit federal income tax documents. FACTS provides a confidential and secure method to collect and verify financial information. We will have an evening set aside on March 20 at 6:00pm to help any family that needs assistance with FACTS. Tuition for the 2018-2019 school year will not be set until the March 14th Parent Advisory meeting. If you would like to begin your FACTS application sooner please contact Dawn Manfred or myself for assistance. Once tuition is finalized we will be sending out a link for families to access the FACTS application process.
· Open registration will begin on April 9th to our waitlist families, so it is important to solidify your child’s spot with your packet turned in on time.
It is such a privilege to be in partnership with you as we educate your child!
In Christ’s Peace,
Teddy Bears: This week we will be finger painting with yellow and blue to make green.
Chickadees: This week we will continue our transportation theme with fun art and stories.
Owls: This week in preschool we will continue to learn about words that rhyme. The focus this week will be on nursery rhymes. We will read short stories and sing songs based on Mother Gooses and other classic nursery rhymes.
Blue Jays: This week we are continuing to work with words that rhyme, and with words that mean the same or opposite.
Hawks: This week our class will learn about the letter “Kk.” We plan to decorate a kite and try some kiwi fruit. We will also discuss what we need to do to be ready for Kindergarten.
Tigers: We will be learning about letter “Rr” with a focus on rainbows and rabbits!
Montessori East: Topic of discussion for the week will be the human body. FYI: Montessori will be closed on March 9th. Child care is available. Please sign up if you need child care for your child. Also looking ahead: Montessori will be closed on March 16th for parent/teacher conferences. If you would like to have a conference please let me know and we will schedule a time. Child care will be available. There will be a sign up sheet outside our classroom.
Montessori West: This week we will be discussing the human body.
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars:
Mar. 9: Teacher In-Service- No School/ELC Open
Mar.15: Lenten All School Mass
Mar. 16: Parent/Teacher Conferences- No School/ELC Open
Mar. 20: New Kindergarten family registration meeting 5:30 pm
Mar. 20: FACTS information meeting @ 6:00 pm
Mar. 21: New Kindergarten family registration meeting 3:15 pm
Mar. 22: K-8 Class Picture Day-Wear best Uniform
Mar. 23: ELC/Mont Class Picture Day
Mar. 30: Good Friday-Stations of the Cross
Apr. 2-6: Spring Break K-8
Important Notes & Reminders:
Spokane Alumnae club of Pi Beta phi Fraternity for Women: partnered with First Book to bring brand new, FREE books to children nationwide as part of its annual Fraternity Day of Service and the Spokane Alumnae Club’s nomination of St. Aloysius was chosen as a recipient this year.
5th-8th grade Softball/Baseball registration now open: St. Aloysius Gonzaga Baseball and Softball registration for Spring Play at St. Aloysius Gonzaga School is now open! Register your child now! Practices will begin around March 12. Registration will close on March 7th and spots may be limited on each team. https://www.familyid.com/organizations/st-aloysius-gonzaga-school
Auction & Capital Campaign:
Thanks again for all your incredible support of our annual auction and our capital campaign! Below are details to clarify auction and campaign $$$ amounts to date:
· Auction & Paddle Raise NET: $225,420
· Paddle Raise NET (to campaign):–$139,000
· Auction NET (w/out paddle): $ 86,420
· Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line: $425,074 (Current appeal total with paddle raise included)
Cross The Phase 2 Finish Line! GIVE TODAY at www.stalsschool.org or https://forms.donorsnap.com/form?id=d12688f4-decc-4152-91a1-1739f210d503
and help us reach our $600,000 goal! For more information, please contact Cami Carlson at 489-7825 x238 or email@example.com.
Share your St. Al’s Story
We are looking for parent testimonials to add to our web page. If you have a statement you would like to share about why you send your children to St. Al’s, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Us Your Pictures
Please share your pictures you take at sporting events or any fun St. Al’s moments that you capture. We will gladly share them on our social media!
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga Share your photos and St. Al’s stories with Anne Hesler at email@example.com .
Follow us on Facebook “St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic School Spokane”
Share our stories on Facebook.
Please watch your email for Volunteer Hour Notices to be sent out. Just to clarify:
· ½ Day Kindergarten or ½ Day Montessori enrollment = 10 volunteer hours per family
· K All Day – 8th grade & Full time Montessori enrollment = 20 volunteer hours per family
Volunteer hours must be completed and submitted no later than Friday, June 8th.
Seussical Set Construction: Are you handy with a hammer and a saw? If so, our drama department is looking for volunteers to help with set construction. We will meet on Sunday, March 11, at 10am. Please bring any hammers, saws, nais, etc. that you think would be helpful! Please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have or follow the Google link below to sign up:
Order Forms: Attached are two order forms, one for pre-ordering flower bouquets for Seussical performers and one for ordering DVDs and Cast photos. If you have any questions please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com.
There have been many questions regarding Labels for Education so I wanted to clarify. YES, the Labels for Education Program HAS ENDED, but the Box Tops program is still going strong!
Thank you to all the families that have participated this year. Box Tops are such an easy fundraiser for our school! The Box Tops program sends us a check twice a year, once in December and once in April.
Please watch for a Box Tops sheet to be coming home with your child today attached to your family’s Volunteer Hour Summary. These sheets hold 50 Box Tops which can be taped or glued and each full sheet earns our school $5. Did you know Box Tops count for volunteer hours also? 50 Box Tops = 1 volunteer hour. Please record your volunteer hour(s) under the Box Tops category on your Volunteer Hour Summary and list your family name and the grade to credit on every bag or sheet turned in. I do not record hours for this so make sure you are keeping track.
Please check out the Box Tops website at www.btfe.com for coupons, bonus Box Tops, and information about the Box Tops app. Please contact Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
The numbers are in! I am excited to announce that we had all class participation this month! Here are the totals:
Montessori: 87 3rd: 739
KAM: 102 4th: 337
KALL: 601 5th: 496
1st: 499 6th: 524
MAC: 401 7th: 129
2nd: 455 8th: 346
Total number: 4,716
· When have I most experienced God searching for and finding me this Lent?
· Let us walk in the world as Jesus did, and let us make our whole existence a sign of our love for others, especially the weakest and poorest.
· Lord, please bless our family members and friends who need your healing. Wrap your loving, healing arms around them and bless them with your healing touch.
· Lord, please bless our GU basketball coaches and players as they embrace March Madness. Keep them all safe and healthy, lead them and guide them on their journey.