February 26th, 2018
- Thank you to the parents who came with us on our walking fieldtrip to the Academy. I appreciate your help!
- Continue reading and marking the log for Silverwood. Everything needs to be completed and turned into me by the date indicated on the form (March 2nd) to earn your ticket.
- Please continue to collect Boxtops for Education. Thank you!
- Homework this Week:
- Math and Reading Logs
- Math Sheet
- Cursive Practice
- Spelling Words (Test Friday)
- Friday, March 9th, No School, Teacher In-service Day
- Thursday, March 15th, Lenten Mass, 10:15
- Friday, March 16th, Conferences, No School
- Wednesday, March 21st, Walking Fieldtrip to Academy
- Thursday, March 22nd, Class Pictures
- Friday, March 30th, Stations of the Cross, 10:15
- Sunday, April 1st, Easter
- April 2nd through 6th, Spring Break
Math: We have been exploring lots of strategies for subtracting larger numbers. We also learned some strategies for multiplying this week. We continued to explore rounding to the nearest 100, as well as area and perimeter.
Writing: We finished our class opinion piece on why our class loves pajama day. During this process, we learned how to write paragraphs, use transitions, learned about main ideas and details, editing, and revising. We also had to compromise within our table groups to come up with our sentences. This process was a blast! During our field trip to the Academy, we interviewed some of the residents so we can write an opinion piece on why they are important. We will go back to visit and share these pieces in March. This was a wonderful experience!
Religion: We continued to learn about the Trinity and the Creeds. We used a Venn Diagram to compare the Nicene and Apostles’ Creeds. We also were able to pack for Generation Alive. It was such a great learning experience for us! Through this process, we learned about being food insecure and having compassion for others. This went so well with learning Social Justice and fed right into our mission statement of our students being leaders in action, modeled on Christ.
Science/Reading: We started expert groups on different insects. Each group is exploring an insect and will be responsible for teaching the others about their insects. Through this process they are learning how to identify main ideas and key details in paragraphs.