February 20th, 2018
I hope all of you had a nice long weekend! I wanted to say thank you to the Cleveland family for our awesome Mardi Gras celebration last Tuesday! It was a fun learning experience for the children!
- We are walking to the Academy during the afternoon on Friday the 23rd. We will be meeting with the residents and interviewing them for writing pieces. Look for the permission slip attached to this week’s homework packet. Attached to this packet is the permission slip. Please sign and return it before then so your child can come with us.
- The Silverwood reading forms went home. Continue reading and marking the log for those. Everything needs to be completed and turned into me by the date indicated on the form (March 2nd) to earn your ticket.
- There is a donation barrel for Kira’s Kloset, a local clothing bank, in our foyer. If you happen to be cleaning out closets, please consider donating to this wonderful charity. They take clothes, shoes, coats, accessories, and books ages 0-18 years. Thank you!
- Please continue to collect Boxtops for Education. Thank you!
- Homework this Week:
- Math and Reading Logs
- Math Sheet
- Cursive Practice
- Spelling Words (Test Friday)
- February 22nd, Generation Alive Packing Day
- February 23rd, Academy field trip
Math: We have been working with addition strategies for larger equations this week.
Writing: We continued our class process of writing an opinion piece on why our class loves pajama day.
Religion: We talked about Ash Wednesday and Lent. We came up with ideas for how we can pray, fast, and give during Lent. We also attended Ash Wednesday Mass.
Science: The children came back to school on Monday to lots of beetles! We added the body parts of the beetle to our pictorial chart. We were able to compare the body parts of a beetle to the mealworm and see that they are both insects.