February 5th, 2018
- Thank you to everyone who came to our Auction! We appreciate your generous support!
- I’m attending the last of my GLAD training this week. So I will be gone, today through Wednesday.
- Second quarter report cards went home today in a yellow packet. I also included some assessments and their MAP scores in the packet. Let me know if you have questions.
- For the Valentine’s party, I am going to keep it simple. We are having a Mardi Gras celebration that morning (thank you Clevelands) so we will have a simple Valentine celebration that afternoon (treat, cards, and game). If I need items donated, I will let you know. I have attached a list of kids in the class if your child would like to write Valentines.
- Please continue collecting your loose change for Generation Alive. We can help feed children for as little as 25 cents a meal. Our meal packing day is February 22nd. As soon as I know the date to turn in the money, I’ll let you know.
- The Silverwood reading forms went home. Continue reading and marking the log for those. Everything needs to be completed and turned into me by the date indicated on the form (March 2nd) to earn your ticket.
- Homework this Week:
- Cursive Practice
- Reading Log
- Math Log
- Two-sided math sheet
- Spelling Words for test on Friday
- February 8th, Pajama Day (The children won another free choice and of course they chose a second pajama day. J They can wear appropriate pajamas that day or comfy sweats.)
- February 13th, Red and Pink Free Dress
- February 13th, 6:30-7:30, Math Night (Parents are invited to learn more about our new K-3 math program. This is a parent only event. RSVP to Pat Mills.)
- February 14th, Ash Wednesday Mass, 12:15, Uniforms worn
- February 15-16, No School, Teacher Inservice Days
- February 19th, No School, Presidents Day
Math: We learned the “give and take” strategy for solving addition equations with large, multi-digit numbers. Ask your child to try and explain this strategy of rounding numbers to you. We also learned a fun new game that helped us apply this strategy. We enjoyed going to the technology lab again with our buddies to work on math.
Writing: We went through the writing process this week so that we could publish our Special Person opinion pieces. We took our rough drafts and peer edited them with a rubric before we revised and published them. We shared these with our Special Persons on Thursday.
Religion: We discussed community and how we are a part of different communities. We also discussed what we do for the people in our community and how we treat them. In addition, we continued our study of the Creed by learning about the Holy Trinity. We also loved going to Mass with our Special Persons on Thursday!
Science: We have a beetle!! We saw that it was white when it first came out of the pupa. We learned about the life cycle of our mealworms and what they are like at each stage of their lives.
Reading: We finished our study of non-fiction features! We compiled the pages we created into our own “All About Me” books. We were able to share these with our Special Persons.