Tigers Weekly Newsletter January 29-February 2
Next week the Tigers will be learning about the letter C with a focus on Catholic Schools Week, clouds, caterpillars, and coins.
Community Wipes: We are asking parents to please donate 1 package of baby wipes for our classroom. We are running low. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!
Math: We will be matching, identifying and graphing coins.
Science/Nature: We will be learning about clouds. We will be doing a rain/cloud science experiment.
Faith Focus: Our faith focus this week will be about how we pray with our church family.
Writing/Literacy: We will focus on the words clouds, caterpillars, coins, catholic,
Stories: Our stories this week will be The Very Hungry caterpillar, The Cloud book, The Little Cloud, It Looked Like Spilt Milk.
Special dates to remember: This week is Catholic Schools Week. Dress up days will be as follows:
- Monday January 29th is Nation Appreciation Day. The theme is Tacky Tourist. Kids may dress up like a tourist and bring in pictures of family or friends who have served our nation and we will display them in our classroom.
- Tuesday January 30th is Teacher Appreciation Day. The theme is heroes. You can have your child dress up in fictional or real superhero attire.
- Wednesday January 31st is Community Appreciation Day. The theme is sports you may have your child wear their favorite sports team attire.
- Thursday February 1st is Special Persons/Grandparents Day. If you would like to attend with the rest of the school at 8:30 am, guests will gather in the old gym for a short presentation and then have a tour of our new building. After that you may join your child in their classroom for cinnamon rolls and juice. ELC families are welcome to attend our all school mass presented by the fourth grade class at 10:15 AM.
- Friday February 2 is Student Appreciation Day. This will be a pajama day for all of our ELC. Community themed door contest judging in the afternoon. At 5:30 our Annual Auction begins! ELC will close at 5:00 PM. We hope to see everyone there!
Thank you for allowing us to foster your child’s learning Miss Emily, Miss Kim and Miss Karen.