January 22, 2018
- I am gone again today and tomorrow for more GLAD training. At this training, I am learning some great teaching strategies. I will have one more three day training in early February for this.
- The children did a great job with their MAP testing this last week. They are getting the hang of this test. J
- Please consider attending our auction on Friday, February 2nd at 5:30 in our new building. It is a fun way to support our school. You can register on line at www.stalsschool.org (click on auction tab) or call 489-7825. Tickets are $60 a person. This is an adult only event.
- Homework this Week:
- Math Facts Log
- Reading Log
- Math Sheet (2 sided)
- Spelling words (test Friday)
- Cursive Writing Practice Sheet (Since we are now working on our cursive, I will begin sending home one or more sheets to practice each week. I will be looking for nice, neat handwriting.)
- January 28th through February 2nd, Catholic School’s Week
- January 28th, Parish Appreciation Mass (Please consider attending either 8:30 or 11:00 Mass to show our parish that we appreciate them. Your child needs to be in uniform if you are attending.)
- January 29th, last day of 2nd Quarter
- February 1st, Special Person’s Day Mass, 8:30-11:15 (Grandparents or special persons are invited that morning. They will start in the downstairs gym for a welcome at 8:30. Then they will go on a tour of the new building and come to classes at 9:30. We will go to Mass a little before 10:00. Mass starts at 10:15.)
- February 2nd, Auction, 5:30 in our new building (Aftercare closes at 5:00.)
- February 5th, Blessing of the New Gym during Monday Morning Prayer (Please come to this if you are able. It is a very exciting time for our school!)
- February 13th, Valentine Party celebration, Red and Pink Free Dress
- February 14th, Ash Wednesday Mass, 12:15
- February 15-16, No School, Teacher Inservice Days
- February 19th, No School, Presidents Day
Math: We took our unit 2 math test this week. We also discussed equivalent fractions on our Calendar Grid.
Writing: We worked more on our cursive writing.
Religion: On Thursday, we had our Chapel Mass with 4th grade. Our class did a nice job with the readings and Prayers of the Faithful.
Science: We made more observations on our Mealworms. The children are excited because there are a few pupas in the habitat. We also loved having instructors from Turnbull Wildlife Refuge come and teach us about birds!
Reading: We learned how to use the index in non-fiction books.