November 27, 2017
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- Our class did a great job with Monday Morning Prayer today!
- If you wish for your child to do the “Be Like Coach” basketball program, please return the slip and a $30 check no later than November 30th.
- Please continue to save and send in Boxtops. They add up to be great money for our school.
- Please continue to have your child practice the songs and acting parts (if they have them) for our Christmas program.
- Homework this Week:
- Spelling Words (Test Friday)
- Reading Log
- Math Log
- Math Sheet (Two-Sided)
- December 1st, Picture Retake Day
- December 8th, Immaculate Conception Mass, 12:15 at St. Al’s Church
- December 13th, K-8 Christmas Program
- December 14th, Advent Reconciliation, 10:15
- December 20-January 2nd, Christmas Break
- January 3rd, School Resumes
Math: We continued to explore multiplication using the array model. We also learned a fun rounding game.
Writing: The children were excited to work on their own pieces this week. We also wrote new endings for the story “Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving.”
Religion: We practiced for Monday Morning Prayer and the Christmas program.
Social Studies: We learned about the Pilgrims by reading a paper book. We highlighted the main idea and details in the book. We also had another community building activity with Mrs. Croft’s class. They invited our class to their room for a Thanksgiving movie and treats.
Reading: We continued to read non-fiction books during guided reading this week. We also learned another strategy for being fluent readers.