November 13, 2017
- I enjoyed meeting everyone at conferences. It’s always fun for me to share with parents about how wonderful their children are!
- Since the snow has come early, I wanted to remind you that our p.e. days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Please send tennis shoes that your child can change into.
- Please remember to send in Operation Christmas Child items this week. We have a box in our room to collect them. I also have a sign up outside of my room for specialized items. Thank you!
- Homework this Week:
- Math Facts Log
- Reading Log
- Math Problems (two-sided)
- Spelling Words (test this Friday)
- November 22nd, Early Release, 12:00
- November 23rd & 24th, Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th, 8:40-9:00, Monday Morning Prayer (Third Grade is planning this. Join us if you can.)
- December 1st, Picture Retake Day
- December 8th, Immaculate Conception Mass, 12:15 at St. Al’s Church
- December 13th, K-8 Christmas Program
- December 14th, Advent Reconciliation, 10:15
- December 20-January 2nd, Christmas Break
- January 3rd, School Resumes
Math: During this very short week we worked on multiplication concepts and fractions. We explored various multiplication models to help us understand and visualize problems.
Writing: We worked on revision of narratives and making our endings have life.
Religion: We finished our “Parts of the Mass” books. We also learned about the vocations of marriage/family and becoming a priest or a nun. We talked about listening to God’s call to us for whichever vocation he chooses for us.
Reading: We learned that by choosing “Good Fit” books that are not too difficult, we can practice reading fluently.