January 8, 2018
- Thank you for all of the paper towel roll donations. I think we have plenty for now. I’ll let you know if I need more.
- Thank you to those of you who have donated to our auction basket. I am so appreciative! Today was the last day to turn in items.
- Please remember to send p.e. shoes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- I will be gone to a training this Wednesday and Thursday so the children will have a sub.
- Homework this Week:
- Math Facts Log
- Reading Log
- Math Sheet (2 sided)
- Spelling words (test Friday)
- January 11th, Christmas Mass, 10:15 at St. Al’s church
- January 15th, No School, MLK Jr. Day
- January 28th through February 2nd, Catholic School’s Week
- January 28th, Parish Appreciation Mass
- February 1st, Special Person’s Day Mass
- February 2nd, Auction
Math: We worked on more multiplication strategies as well as we looked at the multiplication table. We also organized and graphed data.
Writing: We enjoyed writing true narratives about our Christmas break. We also began to learn cursive writing. We will continue learning cursive throughout the remainder of the year.
Religion: We read in our daily prayer book, as well as our devotional book. We reflected on those readings. We also offered up intentions for others.
Reading: We continued our study of non-fiction features. We did some work with words and learned about possessive nouns as well.