December 18, 2017
Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy a relaxing vacation and a Blessed Christmas with your families.
- The children may wear red and green free dress tomorrow.
- Thank you to those of you who signed up to donate to our class Christmas party. If you haven’t yet sent in the items for it, please send them in tomorrow. For those of you coming to help, please be here by 1:45. Thank you so much!
- Thank you to those of you who have donated to our auction basket. I am so appreciative! If you haven’t yet and would like to, there is still time. Our basket is coffee themed. Thank you!
- I wanted to let you know that you can go on-line any time to Scholastic.com and order with our class code, QMCQ3. Just let me know if you do in case they don’t send me an email to confirm. You don’t have to wait for me to send out a flyer. Happy reading!
- Please continue to save and send in Boxtops. They add up to be great money for our school.
- Homework this Week: We will not have any homework. J
- December 20-January 2nd, Christmas Break
- January 3rd, School Resumes
- January 11th, Christmas Mass, 10:15 at St. Al’s church
- January 15th, No School, MLK Jr. Day
- January 28th through February 2nd, Catholic School’s Week
- January 28th, Parish Appreciation Mass
- February 1st, Special Person’s Day Mass
- February 2nd, Auction
Math: We worked on multiplying doubles, as well as looking at a multiplication table. We also continued learning about equivalent fractions, adding fractions, and weighing mass during Number Corner.
Writing: We enjoyed some time to write with partners. We also talked about common and proper nouns during grammar.
Religion: We continued to read our book, The Jesse Tree. We have learned so many Bible stories this Advent season. We also continued to pray with our Advent candle daily and offer up petitions. On Thursday, we were so blessed to attend the Reconciliation service at our church. It was a beautiful, reflective service in which we were able to go to confession with one of several priests. Our class was really reflective and prayerful during this service and seemed to really enjoy it. This week we also spent a lot of time practicing for our wonderful Christmas program.