December 11, 2017
- Please continue to save and send in Boxtops. They add up to be great money for our school.
- Please continue to have your child practice the songs and acting parts (if they have them) for our Christmas program.
- The Christmas program is at 6:30 p.m. this Wednesday. Please have your child meet me in the pew at 6:15. If you’re there earlier than that, please keep your child with you. Have your child wear Sunday best. There will be a cookie reception at the school following the program.
- Homework this Week: I am only sending home a math worksheet to do. I know we are all busy this time of year. Next week we will not have any homework. We’ll do more spelling when we come back from break.
- December 13th, K-8 Christmas Program, 6:30 p.m. (Please have your children there by 6:15)
- December 14th, Advent Reconciliation, 10:15
- December 20-January 2nd, Christmas Break
- January 3rd, School Resumes
Math: We began our new December Number Corner in which we are learning about equivalent fractions, adding fractions, and weighing objects using grams. We also created a multiplication strategy chart, solved story problems, and studied a multiplication table.
Writing: We created a list of opinion writing topic ideas. We took one of those ideas and wrote four paragraph pieces.
Religion: We began to read this beautiful book of the Jesse Tree. Each day we have explored Biblical stories leading up to Jesus’ birth and have made ornaments to go along with those stories. We also have celebrated Advent each day with the lighting of our purple candle of Hope and hearing a daily prayer. As a school, we gather in the hall each morning to sing and pray as a school during this Advent season.
Science: We took a quiz on water & climate, finally wrapping up that unit.
Reading: We continued our study of non-fiction features, reading non-fiction texts, and doing some word work on whiteboards.