“Things end. But memories last forever.” ~Unknown
Message from Principal Angie Krauss:
I wanted to thank you for your support and participation in our 31st annual Fund Run. We could not put on this event without all of you. We surpassed our goal of $50,000 and these funds directly support our operating budget for this fiscal year. We are filled with gratitude for our AMAZING school community!
Today at Monday morning prayer, we said a blessing on our graduating class as they prepare for graduation this evening at 5pm at St. Aloysius Church. It is inspiring to see how these young people have grown and developed into “leaders in action, modeled on Christ.” We look forward to celebrating the many accomplishments of this class. Congratulations to our graduation speakers: James Franz and Kyah Lee. We would also like to congratulate Evan Duchesne and Owen Manfred as Arrupe Scholars. Vincent Decker, Alice Groffman, Drew Schmidt, and Owen Zwyer as Ignatian Scholars and Addy Decaro as the recipient of a $250.00 scholarship from Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services. Please keep all of our graduates in your prayers as they start a new chapter in their lives.
I can’t believe we are in our last full week of school, and I am excited for all the year end celebrations. I hope each of you can join us for our last All School Mass on June 13, at 10 AM and our Groundbreaking ceremony on June 14, at 9 AM.
This morning our Acts of Mercy winners were: Opal Johnston, Kellen Cronin and Faith Lloyd.
I hope you have a blessed week.
In Christ’s peace,
ELC this week:
This week, we will begin our special Father’s Day project. We are also looking forward to our parents coming to “Pastries with Parents” on Thursday at 9:15.
This week, we will begin our Father’s Day projects.
This week in preschool, we will be learning all about the ocean. The class will discuss what types of animals live in the ocean and how we can keep the ocean clean and livable for the creatures that live there.
This week, the Hawks class will continue to review the letters of the alphabet, start to learn about mammals in our Science area, and begin to work on our Father’s Day projects.
This week, we will work on Father’s Day art, finish ocean play, and we will work on letter review.
This week, the tigers will be learning about the letter “N” followed by the sound. We will be doing a fun craft with noodles, and learn about what information we can find in newspapers.
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
June 5 8th Grade Graduation -5pm St. Aloysius Church
June 9 K- 4th grade Drama Showcase- at 10am Parents are welcome to attend
June 12 Field Day- in the afternoon, details to come
June 13 End of school year All School Mass- at 10am St. Aloysius Church
June 13 Talent show- More info to come
June 14 Last Day of School & Groundbreaking!
Important Notes & Reminders:
The Cast of Characters Summer Drama Camp is back! Michael Barfield (St. Al’s Drama Specialist) and Jenna Solberg (Cataldo Music Specialist) will be leading this year’s camp, which will include exciting theatre workshops, improv, singing, choreography, and a final performance for family and friends to attend! The camp is hosted by Gonzaga Prep and runs for two full weeks: August 7-11 and 14-18, 9am-3pm every day (lunch not provided). Open to all students grades 4-9. Registration is $250 per student (special discount will be included for registering two or more students per family). Register online through G-Prep’s website: https://goo.gl/PYO1ti. Questions? Contact Michael Barfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building the Future Capital Campaign:
GROUNDBREAKER CHALLENGE Week #7 Grand Total = $282,200!!!
God is AMAZING and our community is THE BEST!
Thank you to our Building the Future benefactors and to these amazing families, businesses, and organizations that have already
ACCEPTED the CHALLENGE!
Phillips, Davis, Sweeny
Langford-In Memory of Barbara Ann Cook
DePaolo/Sawyer, Feinstein, Allen
In Honor of John & Genevieve DePaolo
Gardner, Lenoue, DePaolo, Montandon
Comstock, Jolicoeur, Rux/Johnston
St. Al’s 8th Grade Class 2017
Croft, Etter, Janout, Magnuson
Anonymous-In Honor of Ann McLane
Stone-In Honor of Joanne (Giese) Vincent
Mackleit, McElligott, Thompson
Dixon, Gabel, Lillie, Comstock
Fruci, McCarthy/Haight, Itron
Knights of Columbus #15143
Manfred, Paluch, Parry, Riedinger
Bernal, Brown, Thacker, Hall, Hatcher
Lopach, Manfred, Parker/Pringle, Young
Anonymous-In Honor Of Our Lady Of Fatima
Barbieri, Blotsky, Carlson
Christensen, Cleveland, Craggett
DeBowes, Dickinson, Druffel
Etter, Few, Gilbert, Groffman
Habans, Hanson, Keegan/Iov
Krauss, Laca, Le, Leyda, Russum
Lloyd, McCabe, Mondragon
McCanna-In Memory of Alice McCanna
Nollette, Oglesbee, Weber, Welsh
Accept the CHALLENGE! Be a GROUNDBREAKER!
Help us reach our goal of $300,000 by June 14!
Click the link below to give TODAY.
GROUNDBREAKER CHALLENGE – forms.donorsnap.com<https://forms.donorsnap.com/form?id=9e84d60e-6f05-4546-8664-bc215a81d365>
We are highly sensitive to the privacy interests of consumers and believes that the protection of those interests is one of its most significant responsibilities.
If you accept the challenge, please share a family photo. We will post your family on our Facebook page and Instagram. Send photo to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additionally, all families who participate in the GROUNDBREAKER CHALLENGE will have their name put on a paper brick in the upstairs entryway.
* We had a spectacular Fund Run this year, earning a total of $53,528.00 with pledges and sponsorships to date!! Thank you to all of the students, teachers, parents, volunteers, and corporate sponsors for making this a fabulous 31st Annual Fund Run.
* Congratulations to James Franz (8th grade) on designing the T-shirt for the 2017 Fund Run.
* Fund Run T-shirts are available for purchase at Mrs Kelly’s desk for $5.
* Week 4 Weekly Pledge Winners as of June 1st:
* K-AM: Ainsley Jorgenson, Calling Gallagher & Lucas Vue
* K-All: Averee Tiacheck-Martinez & Carter Henscheid
* 1st: Piper Dvorak, Giuliana Craggett, & Forest Brogan
* 2nd: Nora Joyce & Carson Davis
* MAC: Tierney Hart, Luke Thompson, & Kanyon Young
* 3rd: Laura Thompson & Bruson Fruci
* 4th: Emily Davis & Jeven Helke
* 5th: Megan Kofmehl & Joseph Leone
* 6th: Arwen Hart & Connor Daly
* 7th: Mackenzie Schwartzenberger & Thomas Coleman
* 8th: Elizabeth Quisenberry & Drew Schmidt
* 2017 Fund Run Lap Winners
* K-AM: Zachary Goligoski & Mya Moug
* K-ALL: Matthew Sage & Keziah Chery
* 1st: Cameron Barbieri & Rileigh Icenhower
* MAC: Colton Kelly & Keely Cleveland
* 2nd: Kyler moos & Gracianna Ryhne
* 3rd: Ian Bears, Rocky Wells, & Makenna Krauss
* 4th: Abe Krauss & Julia Few
* 5th: Andre Thacker, RC Wells, & Gillian Bears
* 6th: Graham Cleveland, Arwen Hart, & Molly Manfred
* 7th: Owen Miller, Henry Seipp, & Erin Ewers
* 8th: Evan Duchesne & Kimberly Orellana
* THANK YOU Fund Run Corporate Sponsors! We appreciate all that you go for our school community!–Papa Murphy’s (McCabe), Kids Clinic (Thompson), Be Unstoppable Fitness (Weichman), Budinger & Associates, Inc., U District Physical Therapy (Cronin), Mackin & Little, Walt’s Mailing, Al & Harriet Stern Memorial Bracket (Cleveland), Evergreen Cosmetic & Family Dentistry (Dodson), EnergeticX (Russell), Yost-Gallagher Construction (Gallagher), Nollette Investments, FroYo Earth, Pacific Co. Sportswear (Decker), Gonzaga University School of Education, and Goodale & Barbieri (Barbieri) for stepping up to sponsor our 31st annual Fund Run!
* Please email our Fund Run Coordinator, Brianna Barbieri if you have any questions. email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or 509-999-9401
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Testimonials: Marketing would like to incorporate the use of more parent/family testimonials in publications and media. 8th Grade parents- I would love to hear from you, too! It would be great to hear about experiences here at St. Al’s. If you would like to write a testimonial about why you choose St. Al’s, please email it to Anne Hesler, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> Thank you for your support!
Please look over your Volunteer Hour Summary and make sure it is completely up-to-date. All volunteer hours must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, June 14. Any unfulfilled volunteer hours will the be billed at the rate of $20 per hour. Please email Aleisha Webb with any questions you may have at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Mr. Hanson is looking for volunteers to help during field day on Monday, June 12. Please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested in helping out!
* Flower Planting: Do you have a green thumb or really enjoy gardening? We are looking for a few talented individuals to help make the front of our school a little more beautiful. We would like to have the work completed by Monday, June 12. Please contact Aleisha Webb at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested.
* We are looking for a few volunteers to help serve at the 8th grade dinner TONIGHT. The dinner will be held at Gonzaga Prep and you will need to check in by 6pm. Please email Aleisha Webb ASAP @ email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> if you are interested in helping out!
Fund Run Volunteering:
To our money counters, ticket counters, data entry, t-shirt sorting and sales, set-up/tear down, lap counters, water stations, families that donated supplies and prizes, our awesome DJ, and all the other details that helped make this event a success, THANK YOU!
* When recording volunteer hours for Fund Run, please leave a brief description at the bottom of the page explaining how you helped out. If you have any questions, please email Aleisha Webb at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family. Box Tops and Labels for Education can be submitted in a bag or either taped or glued (no staples please) to a collection sheet. New collection sheets can be found at the Box Tops/Labels for Education board located in the junior high wing. There is also a new Box Tops collection sheet attached to this email that you can print at home.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* For all of our school families and loved ones, that God will bless our lives abundantly with peace, joy, and healing, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.