I want to thank you for your wonderful support of Fund Run and the Groundbreaker Challenge. We have already raised over $30,000 for the Fund Run and the Groundbreaker Challenge has been inspired by the Holy Spirit reaching $214,000! We are blessed to work in such a mission driven community whose financial support and prayers truly work miracles.
I would like to announce our new third-grade teacher, Keri Manfred, and welcome her to our staff. She will be a great asset to our school community. She has written a letter of introduction below.
For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Keri Manfred. I was born and raised in Spokane and attended Gonzaga Prep. I then went to WSU for my undergraduate teaching degree. I also have a Master’s Degree in Literacy. My family has been a part of our delightful, faith-filled school community for nearly fourteen years. I have a wonderful husband, Stephen, and three awesome children. My oldest son, Owen, is in the 8th grade and will attend Gonzaga Prep next year where his dad currently teaches math. Lucas is a 6th grader, and Patrick is in 1st grade. This is currently my 20th year teaching in a primary classroom. I have taught in the Mead School District for the past 16 years and in the Seattle area before that. The last 14 years have been in a job-share classroom so that I could be home with my children on my days off. You may have seen me as a regular volunteer at St. Al’s. I have volunteered in various capacities since Owen was in Kindergarten. For the last two years, I have loved my time spent working weekly with the children of St. Al’s on reading. With Patrick in school full time this year, my desire to be more involved at St. Al’s has grown. I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve as your third grade teacher!
Hope you all can join us for Marion Mass this Thursday at 10 AM at Saint Al’s church. Your child is welcome to bring a flower to honor Mary which will be placed at the grotto. Have a blessed week!
Act of Mercy Winners:
Inga Carlson Zach Hunton Thomas Coleman Liam Hart
Emma Jones Ross Oliver Nolette MacKenzie Schwartzenberger
In Christ’s Peace,
ELC this week:
This week we will be painting with watercolor paint on coffee filters to create flowers for our bulletin board.
This week we will be learning about caterpillars!
This week in preschool we will be learning about dinosaurs. We will discuss when dinosaurs lived, what fossils are, and the difference between herbivores and carnivores.
This week the Hawks class will read books by the author Eric Carle, including The Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug and The Quiet Cricket. We will also create caterpillars and paint butterflies, and we will attempt to make pancakes to go along with the book, Pancakes! Pancakes!
This week in Bumblebees we are learning about ocean life. We will be learning about the letter I.
This week Tigers will be learning about the letter and sound of “M”! We will be counting money followed by a money craft!
ALL-SCHOOL: Mark your Calendars
May 23 5th and 6th Grade Award Assembly- Starts at 8:40am in our gym
May 25 Marian All School Mass- 10am at St. Aloysius Church
May 26 Teacher In-Service Day – No School/ELC Open
May 29 Memorial Day – No School/No ELC
May 31 7th and 8th Grade Award Assembly- Starts at 8:40am in our gym
June 2 Fund Run- All day event
June 5 8th Grade Graduation
June 9 K- 4th grade Drama Showcase- at 10am Parents are welcome to attend
June 12 Field Day- in the afternoon, details to come
June 14 Last Day of School & Groundbreaking!
Important Notes & Reminders:
The all parochial meet has been rescheduled to TODAY, Monday, May 22nd, beginning at 3:30 sharp at Gonzaga Prep. All Students from all schools (not just the individuals on the SYSA team) are invited to participate in the Parochial League meet. Please have your kids spread the word to their classmates. See attached form for more information.
K-4th grade Summer Registration: We will be offering a summer camp for grades K-4th at St. Al’s school this summer. It will begin on June 19 and end on August 18. We will offer different themes each week with an educational and spiritual focus. You can register for the whole summer or pick specific weeks that work for you and your family’s summer calendar. Please return registration by May 10. If your child is a current fourth grader, they are still eligible to attend summer camp.
Building the Future Capital Campaign:
GROUNDBREAKER CHALLENGE Week #5 Grand Total = $214,000!!!
We are humbled and amazed at the way God is working through so many generous hearts and hands to build HIS kingdom right here at St. Al’s!
Thank you to these incredible families, businesses, and organizations that have already ACCEPTED the CHALLENGE!
St. Al’s 8th Grade Class 2017
Croft, Etter, Janout, Magnuson
Anonymous-In Honor of Ann McLane
Stone-In Honor of Joanne Vincent
Mackleit, McElligott, Thompson
Dixon, Gabel, Lillie, Comstock
Fruci, McCarthy/Haight, Itron
Knights of Columbus #15143
Manfred, Paluch, Parry, Riedinger
Bernal, Brown, Thacker, Hall, Hatcher
Lopach, Manfred, Parker/Pringle, Young
Anonymous-In Honor Of Our Lady Of Fatima
Barbieri, Blotsky, Carlson
Christensen, Cleveland, Craggett
DeBowes, Dickinson, Druffel
Etter, Few, Gilbert, Groffman
Habans, Hanson, Keegan/Iov
Krauss, Laca, Le, Leyda, Russum
Lloyd, McCabe, Mondragon
McCanna-In Memory of Alice McCanna
Nollette, Oglesbee, Weber, Welsh
Be a GROUNDBREAKER! Accept the CHALLENGE!
Help us reach our goal of $300,000 by June 14!
Click the link below to give.
If you accept the challenge, please share a family photo. We will post your family on our Facebook page and Instagram. Send photo to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
Additionally, all families who participate in the GROUNDBREAKER CHALLENGE will have their name put on a paper brick in the upstairs entryway.
* We have earned a total of $ 30,001.66 with pledges to date!! This week is double ticket week and pledges can be turned in until Wednesday, May 24th at 9:00 am. Keep the pledges coming in!!
* Kick-Off Assembly Winners May 12th:
* K-All – Avery Stretch & Matthew Sage
* K-AM -Leila Richardson & Cameron Zener
* 1st -Helene Mills, Cameron Barbieri & Patrick Manfred
* 2nd -Gracianna Ryne & Gabriel Stewart
* MAC -Lola Wadkins & Kanyon Young
* 3rd – Makenna Krauss & Konner Keyes
* 4th -Olivia McIntyre, Catherine Burgin & Abraham Krauss
* 5th -Jaden Jones-Ross & Andre Thacker
* 6th -Emily McCulloh & Graham Cleveland
* 7th -Isabella Russell & Oliver Nolette
* 8th -Alice Groffman & Colby Dixon
* Week 2 Weekly Winner as of May 19th:
* K-AM:Leila Richardson & Landon Mitson
* K-All: Lucy Patshkowski & Jackson Monigold
* 1st: Alsace Nunemaker & Cameron Barbieri
* 2nd: Celina Cao & Kyler Moos
* MAC: Keely Cleveland & Nikolas Wood
* 3rd: Taryn Barbieri & Bryson Fruci
* 4th: Julia Few & Alexander Wood
* 5th: Cadence Paluch & Alexander Ewers
* 6th: Emily McCulloh & Connor Tee
* 7th: Erin Ewers & Colin Riordan
* 8th: Avery Tee & James Franz
* Please return your Medical Release/T-shirt sizing Forms to school ASAP! Your child will NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE without a medical release form on file. The first class to turn in all of their forms will win an ice cream party!
* Corporate sponsors for Fund Run! Thank you to Papa Murphy’s (McCabe), Kids Clinic (Thompson), Be Unstoppable Fitness (Weichman), Budinger & Associates, Inc., U District Physical Therapy (Cronin), Mackin & Little, Walt’s Mailing, Al Stern Memorial Bracket (Cleveland), Evergreen Cosmetic & Family Dentistry (Dodson), EnergeticX (Russell), Yost-Gallagher Construction (Gallagher), Nollette Investments, FroYo Earth, Pacific Co. Sportswear (Decker), and Goodale Barbieri for stepping up to sponsor our 31st annual Fund Run!
* Please email our Fund Run Coordinator, Brianna Barbieri if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or 509-999-9401
Follow us on Instagram @ st.alsgonzaga. Share your photos with Anne Hesler at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> .
Testimonials: Marketing would like to incorporate the use of more parent/family testimonials in publications and media. If you would like to write a testimonial about why you choose St. Al’s, please email it to Anne Hesler, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> Thank you for your support!
Please look over your Volunteer Hour Summary and make sure it is completely up-to-date. All volunteer hours have to be completed and submitted by Wednesday, June 14th. Any unfulfilled volunteer hours will the be billed at the rate of $20 per hour. Please email Aleisha Webb with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
Mr. Hanson is looking for volunteers to help out during field day on Monday, June 12th. Please email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> if you are interested in helping out!
Fund Run Volunteering:
Fund Run is not only one of our largest fundraising events of the school year, but it is also a huge volunteer opportunity! We have opportunities ranging from daily/weekly to just an hour or two the day of Fund Run. To volunteer the day of Fund Run, you must have completed the Protecting God’s Children class. Please check the Monday News weekly for an updated list of volunteer opportunities and email Aleisha Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> to volunteer.
* Friday, June 2:
* Lap counter (Meeting at 8:00 am)
* Early morning set up at 7:00am
* Water Stations- We need 3 volunteers
Donation for Volunteer Hours – Fund Run:
Here is another donation for volunteer hours opportunity. We are asking for donations of gift cards (minimum of $20 each) to stores where we can purchases prizes such as: Fred Meyer, Amazon, White Elephant, Walmart, Target, Costco, Toys R Us, iTunes. Please provide validation receipt with each gift card. We also have a list of Scrip gift cards available at the front desk for your convenience. Please ask Mrs. Kelly for assistance.
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
Please remember to include your family name and grade when turning in either sheets or baggies of Box Tops or Labels for Education. When recording them for volunteer hours, 50= 1 volunteer hour. You are responsible for recording your own hours on the Volunteer Hour Summary. We do not record hours for your family. Box Tops and Labels for Education can be submitted in a bag or either taped or glued (no staples please) to a collection sheet. New collection sheets can be found at the Box Tops/Labels for Education board located in the junior high wing. There is also a new Box Tops collection sheet attached to this email that you can print at home.
* Please pray for the homeless in our community. May they find comfort and services they need during difficult times.
* For all of our school families and loved ones, that God will bless our lives abundantly with peace, joy, and healing, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.