Dear Owl’s Families,
This week we will be discussing insects. We will begin learning about characteristics that make up an insect such as the three body parts and the six legs. During circle we will discuss different types of bugs and talk about good bugs (bees, ladybugs) and bad bugs (wasps, cockroaches).
Letter of the Week
This week we will focus on the letter “Ii” for Insects. We will work on the “Ii” letter sound and think of words that begin with that sound. We will also read the letter “Ii” book and play what’s missing with the letter “Ii” sound tub.
- Coats: Please remember to have your child bring a coat everyday, we go out everyday and it’s still chilly out.
- Bedding and Water Bottles: Please remember to take home every Friday to wash and clean.
- For the protection of all children in our classroom, this is a reminder that we ask you to please keep your child home if sick.
- Groundbreaker Challenge: Do you want to be a Groundbreaker? Take the challenge and help with a $1000.00 tax-deductable donation. We need 300 families to pledge by June 14th in order for us to break ground! This amount can be split into payments, and you will get a “brick” on the new building! For more information see our school website. As of today we have a total of $75,000!!!!
- Monday May 29th Closed for Memorial Day
- Friday June 2nd Fund Run, Medical Release Forms due this Friday May 12th
We enjoy having your child in class, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Miss Chelsea and Miss Annie