Family Information, Hawks Class, Wednesday April 26, 2017
- This week: We will learn about letter “Uu.” We will make paper umbrellas, read books about animals that live underground and hang upside-down and even make pineapple upside-down cake!
- Science/Nature,Math: We are learning about birds. This week we will read about different kinds of nests and attempt to make our own nests for our little stuffed animal birds. We will also learn about what different birds like to eat.
- Dramatic Play area: Our pizza restaurant is open for business! Our students can practice taking orders, making pizzas and salads and working at the cash register.
- Lunch time: Thank you for remembering to add either a “C” for cold lunch from home, or an “H” for hot lunch from school to our sign-in board each day. This helps the kitchen to have a count for the number of lunches to prepare for the day.
- Summer at St. Al’s: Please let us know if your child will be leaving us for the summer. We would like to be able to prepare for their transition.
- St. Al’s website: Have you had a chance to look at our website lately? Please take a moment to look on our webpage, under our tab “Pre K 1”. We have posted many photos of the children during their class time! You will also find our weekly newsletter. Site address: www.stalsschool.org
- Groundbreaker Challenge: Do you want to be a Groundbreaker? Take the challenge and help with a $1000.00 tax-deductable donation. We need 300 families to pledge by June 14th in order for us to break ground! This amount can be split into payments, and you will get a “brick” on the new building! For more information see our school website.
- Growing up healthy: Set a good example for your child by letting them see you eating a nutritious diet that includes plenty of fruits and veggies!
- Reflection: This is a new prayer our class has been learning to say before we eat. (The kids like to take turns thinking of different kinds of seeds!)For giving me the things I need,The Lord is good to me.
- The sun and the rain and the (fill in the blank) seed.
- The Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord
- Dates to remember:
- Friday June 2nd – All-school fund run! Mark your calendars now to join us for the morning!
- Wednesday June 14th – last day of school for K-8, new building groundbreaking!
As always, thank you for allowing us to foster your child’s early learning experience! Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or ideas!
Miss Nicole, Miss Beth and Miss Kim